Smokey's Equinox 800 Finds.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smoky bandit said:
silver said:
Seems like ages since I scored :lol:
Well you need to buy her flowers and chocolates mate..And cook dinner and clean up afterwards.Best tip I can give ya :D :Y: ]:D
Too much diggin'll give me a sore back... recon I'll do better by eating the chockies on the way home :lol:

Rang the caretaker at a local showground to try and get the ok to detect in there..His Reply...I cant really stop you its council owned....But I wouldn't bother cause theres no coins here as theres 5 blokes that do it every week :D ..Me thinks he owns a detector and wants it to himself......We'll see tomorrow if theres anything there...... I live close and pass it quite a few times per week at odd hours and always look in an think it would be a great place to detect....Though never seen any one detecting there...Time will tell..... but at least I know it will replenish quickly.... and if there are 5 blokes that do it regularly....Guess what... now theres 6 ]:D ]:D :D

Where are you we could make it 7 HAHAH
Smoky bandit said:
Rang the caretaker at a local showground to try and get the ok to detect in there..His Reply...I cant really stop you its council owned....But I wouldn't bother cause theres no coins here as theres 5 blokes that do it every week :D ..Me thinks he owns a detector and wants it to himself......We'll see tomorrow if theres anything there...... I live close and pass it quite a few times per week at odd hours and always look in an think it would be a great place to detect....Though never seen any one detecting there...Time will tell..... but at least I know it will replenish quickly.... and if there are 5 blokes that do it regularly....Guess what... now theres 6 ]:D ]:D :D

Smoky bandit said:

Your post is timely,I have been salivating at the possibility of doing the same at a nearby showground.

I mentioned my hope to a local and they implied no worries because it is always open :cool:

These spot could yield anything especially with most being quite old.

Your post has pushed me closer to my goal.

Good post.

I'm in Texas mate :eek: :D :Y: :p
I always thought it was off limits scrounger...but when I found out it was owned by the council I started making inquiries :D :Y:

I'm sorta close to Gingeltingerybah.... same deal with the showgrounds over there too. :eek:

Hi Guys
Well hit that showground early this morning.Targets were far apart and it's a large area but there was a few coins..Just cherry picked the goldie tones and ids today but will give it another go soon.The chain was a surface find.Id was 3.If there are 5 blokes that regularly detect the area they dont own a NOX :Y: :D ]:D
1530318263_img_20180630_52829.jpg
1530318281_img_20180630_8158.jpg
1530318296_img_20180630_16698.jpg

The penny was the last target of the morning I did get a few higher tones but didn't think the area was old so hopefully theres a few silvers there.
1530318412_img_20180630_0258.jpg
1530318431_img_20180630_22668.jpg
The $10 was at the gate when I walked in :eek: :Y: :D Till next hunt. :Y:

$10.00 at the gate - Free Admission :lol:

Fantastic amount of goldies :party: and a snapper lead 8)

My favorite besides the $$$$$$ is those buttons with the crown on them.

What a great result for day one - $70.00 :party: and :party:

5 blokes my #^@& :Y:

The Scrounger said:
$10.00 at the gate - Free Admission :lol:

Fantastic amount of goldies :party: and a snapper lead 8)

My favorite besides the $$$$$$ is those buttons with the crown on them.

What a great result for day one - $70.00 :party: and :party:

5 blokes my #^@& :Y:
Yer mate paid at the gate.. :Y: :D I'm sure someone detects there as there should have been alot more coins there.And just about all of them were only an inch under the ground.Just popped them out with the screw driver :Y: :D

golddiggerart said:
Well done Smoky.....Very awesome dig and lots of goldies mmmmm the $10 was a sign of things to come out of there... :) :party: :party: :party:
Cheers mate was about time I got a few goldies :Y: :D

Heatho said:
Nice total Smoky, having a Nox can really help get between the trash. :Y:
Cheers Mate
it was a really trashy area ...turned up the recovery speed to 7 and the goldies where almost unmistakable :Y:

Latest posts