SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good story :) last weekend we were mobbed by kids...trying to snatch our finds from the hole, asking for the finds, and making it hard to swing the coil, or use a digger. The parents didnt give a rats.... about it. You would find the jewellery easily, if they gave you its twin to scan for ID, and tone.

Good thinking Rocket, I have a contact who knows the lady who lost the ear ring,I'm off over to the area now so I shall see what happens and get some more information, apparently it's quite an expensive piece.
Cheers,SinHof.

Good story Sinhof
Kids can make your day.....great.... or miserable ;)
The look on a kids face when they discover TREASURE is priceless
Good luck finding the earring
You will get that same good feeling when you see her reunited with her 'treasure'
Looking forward to the rest of this story

Evening All,
Spent a couple of hours this morning trying to locate the lost diamond earring with no success so decided to round out the day chasing goldies in a few parks;my luck was better in this regard, also dug up an interesting, all but wrecked small sports car, the detail reads Lock-up Kidco made in MACAO where ever that is.
Looking forward to picking up the new coils tomorrow and then giving the beaches a try as a bit of a change from digging in the grass.
Cheers, SinHof.
1472553898_20160830_172803.jpg

Macao (also known as Macau), is a territory of China, most probably a Tomy toy car.

Enjoy your beach detect, hopefully conditions are conducive for some older finds, even better, gold. ;)

Many thanks for the info on the car;my new coils arrive later today and can't wait to try the 17x13 on the low tide tomorrow at a couple of popular beaches.
Cheers, Sinhof.

1472650608_image.jpeg

It's a Pontiac Firebird and came with a collectable key which actually locked the doors and wheels.Also had real rubber tires that had Goodyear on them.

Hi Folks,
Had a few hours detecting yesterday where I had a run on brass finds, a pencil sharpener and a 1944 3P being the more interesting finds. The brass/copper item on the right I think is the burner from an old Primus kero stove the green/bluish blob on the left is a lump of brass, quite heavy and a brass hose fitting.
While not actually a find as such, my two new coils arrived, the 17x13 will get a run on the low tide this afternoon, it will be interesting to see how it/we perform on the beaches.
1472692560_20160901_105006.jpg

1472692560_20160901_105340.jpg

Hi Folks,
Took the new 17x13 CTX coil for a run on a couple of beaches this afternoon, this coil is big compared to the standard CTX 11 inch coil, it weighs in at 1075 grams and you certainly know you're swinging it on the 3030, that said though it is reasonably well balanced,on the sand it can tend to dig in its toe in deep footprints and rough sand, I found by shortening the lower shaft length by about 100mm brought the detector towards the vertical somewhat and this helped the balance quite a bit.
Pin pointing is no different from the standard coil and there is no problem there, likewise target depth is pretty well on the money also, in all there is little difference from the standard coil in both areas.
In terms of locating deep targets there is a significant advantage with the larger coil as would be expected, on the day I was ill prepared to dig down 12 inch plus to unearth targets, I'm still on light duties for another week or so. Based on the couple of hours detecting with the big coil this afternoon the up-coming warmer months on the beach scene looks very favourable given there will be loads more beach traffic.
Apart from the usual screw caps I managed two toy cars and a couple of $2 goldies Plus a 10 cent coin, oh yes and some BB's.
Very early days with the new coil at this point in time but in the right environment I think the big coil will be worth the money in terms of target depth and ground coverage. Swing weight wise it's still lighter than the GPZ7000 which I'm accustomed to swinging all day, all be it with the aid of the bungee support, based on this afternoons experience I don't think I will need the assistance of a bungee with this coil on the 3030.
Tomorrow I will give the Coiltek 10x5 coil a run on some high trash real estate that I stumbled on late to day, multiple targets under the big coil had the 3030 sounding like an ill tuned orchestra, should be interesting???????????????
With a bit of fine tuning in terms of settings and discrimination patterns the coming months should provide plenty of opportunities for some full-on detecting on the beaches and some event locations as they occur, looking forward to it.
Cheers,SinHof.
1472726282_20160901_161303.jpg

PS: The blue sports car is severely corroded and at this stage I'm not able to see any written information on its underside, it was in the surf down about ten inches.

Wow...the 17x13 is awesome. Between the 3 coils you won't miss a thing!

By the way, what is the find on the far right in the pic below the 3 coils? I found one once, and I still can't work out what it is.

G'Day Pprogers,
The item in question, I think is the burner from an old Primus kero stove, it's made from brass and copper.
Thanks for your interest.
Cheers, SinHof.

Morning All,
Had a quick swing in the rain yesterday afternoon to try out the new 10x5 Coiltek coil on the 3030, it's a great little coil to swing, handy for working tight areas and pings good sounding targets in trashy areas really well.The toasted coin on the left of the picture is a 1950 half penny.
1472855547_20160902_173716.jpg

Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts