SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Morning Heatho,
Just back from another quick run with the 10x5 coil, having a flat full base it skids over the grass much better than the spoked coils, not that the spoked models are too much of a worry in that regard it's just the smaller coil does it easier. A 1945 penny was the only reasonable find apart from ring pulls and BB's.
It's really cool in terms of isolating good from junk targets and hits surprisingly deep targets for its size, early days with it yet but I'm sure it will come into its own in those high trash areas.
The only problem thus far with the small coil is the detector can fall over quite easy on the slightest of uneven ground, just got to be a bit more careful with placement or rest it against my leg, no big deal.
Cheers, Sinhof.

G'Day All,
Over the last day or two and night I've been concentrating on the beaches with the 17x13 coil with an open discrimination pattern with some interesting results.
The big coil certainly punches deep, some of the targets were well in excess of 300mm, dug some seriously big holes, pin pointing was pretty much on the money LOL, even on the very deep targets, the main issue with the keeper coins, pre-decimal was their degraded condition the pennies and half pennies in particular.
The silvers on the other hand will scrub-up reasonably well, a trial run with a couple worked fine. The first night detect turned up a 9 Karat gold ring, the better half was using the pin pointer once the targets were out of the hole and she was quite pleased with the find.
There were a few dollars worth of decimal coins collected and dozens of pesky bloody ring pulls, the place was saturated with them, also I thought it a bit odd that a florin did not turn up given the age of some of the other pre-decimal coins, you can't win them all I guess.
In all an interesting couple of hunts and with the coming hot weather the beach scene could/should be very productive.
1473206645_20160907_090948.jpg

Cheers, SinHof.

Thats a good hunt, doing well to pull out the pre decs. The last lot of storms must be still giving.

Thanks Rocket,
I think the pre-decimals were a product of many factors non the least of which was some human intervention on the beaches, night hunting to, is going to be a lot of fun from here on in with the big coil around the different beaches.
SinHof.

Hi Ramjet,
Yes mate it's slowly coming together, the learning process can be quite interesting and each or most hunts some aspect of the 3030 crops up in terms of, "Hey that's new/ different". I'm in two minds as to continue too much on the beach where the pre-decimal coins came from as their condition is pretty rough and too many ring pulls, have to think about it for a while, in the mean time go back to the parks etc for a spell.
Cheers, SinHof.

G'Day AR,
Yes, pretty lucky in terms of beach choice, there are nine within about twenty minutes drive and all well populated in the warmer months.The little 9K ring looked bigger when first spotted with the LED head torch, really stood out from the sand it had been hiding in for years.
The mystery coins are a bit of an issue as they are very, very corroded, the pennies and half pennies in particular, the silvers should clean up OK. Also some of the coins appear to be worn to a point where identification could be near impossible, as I mentioned in an earlier post, it may not be worth spending much more time there as it would be a fair bet that the finds have been deep in the sand/salt environment for who knows how long, one of the 3P's is dated 1919.
Cheers, SinHof.

Thanks for the comments guys; having a day out detecting tomorrow with a mate who is a bit of a historian and he knows of some interesting old sites, will be a pleasant change from the beach scene, hopefully will have some images of some great finds, here's hoping.
Cheers All.
SinHof.

SinHof said:
Thanks for the comments guys; having a day out detecting tomorrow with a mate who is a bit of a historian and he knows of some interesting old sites, will be a pleasant change from the beach scene, hopefully will have some images of some great finds, here's hoping.
Cheers All.
SinHof.

me and RJ are hunting tomorrow, but we dont have a historian! Goodluck!

rocketaroo said:
SinHof said:
Cheers All.
SinHof.

me and RJ are hunting tomorrow, but we dont have a historian! Goodluck!

Hey I'm historical....or is that hysterical?

His initials aren't ET are the SinHof?

Evening Ramjet,
No, initials aren't ET; good luck to you and Rocket tomorrow, we may run into each other somewhere.
Cheers, Sinhof.

Evening All,
Well it seems a few members here have had a very fruitful day's detecting, the dynamic duo in particular; had a pleasant day out with a gold prospecting friend and did the rounds of various locations with some mixed results, not too much in the way of old stuff but the modern content was pretty good, in all a great day out with an old friend.
The small bronze cannon was a neat little find, it was sitting in amongst a group of goldies, will have to try and clean it up and see if there are any ID markings on it.
I'm off the chain from tomorrow, I hope, and Sunday will see me out chasing the naturally occurring yellow stuff for a while, the fever is well and truly taken hold, its been awhile since the gold detectors have had a run.
Cheers, Sinhof.
1473329795_20160908_191911.jpg

Hi Ramjet,
Yes, it was an interesting find, will see what it looks like after a clean, not sure how to do that at this stage, hasten slowly might be the go .
SinHof.

Sorry, Rocket, it came up on the 3030 screen; "I'm Rockets Toy Canon" please dig me up and show me to him; so I did!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mate, you will just have to keep looking , there is sure to be more than this one out there waiting patiently to see daylight again.
SinHof.

Latest posts