SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G'Day Wally69,
Rainbows; yes we had a ripper with rich saturated colours last Saturday PM but the thing vaporised before we could locate the end of it. Bugger, better luck with the next one.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Fellow swingers,
Made the effort and found my way to the beaches for a swing on the low tide this morning, apart from the howling wind it was quite pleasant there was even some eye candy to take one's mind off the windy conditions.
Dug up about $18.00 in decimal coins and a couple of other interesting items; a 2 cent Euro coin and a small one cent sized, coin meter token. Junk wise, a stack of sinkers which I thought might indicate the presence of some valuable heavies also, but it was not to be.
First target for the morning was a nice little Canon point and shoot camera; when I catch up with Ramjet again I will give it to him, he may find it handy when he is videoing some of his interesting treasure hunts, it may need a bit of a clean prior to use though.
Cheers, SinHof.
1469603221_20160727_163141.jpg
1469603276_20160727_163058.jpg
1469603330_20160727_123438.jpg

Just a tad too much surface rust on the camera. :D Still plenty of coins and sinkers to keep you busy, all good fun. :)

Nice work mate, pity there was no gold amomng the lead. Hopefully next time. You filled your gold quota pretty well this week anyway though. :D

Thanks for the comments guys, this morning was quite enjoyable and rewarding apart from the strong wind, the load of sinkers helped keep my feet in the sand.
SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Slipped the chain yesterday after a two and a half week lay-off,great to be out and about again; did a bit of research and tried a new location and came up with a pile of junk targets and $29 in decimal goldies and a mangled Matchbox speed car, in all a pleasing hunt.
Cheers, SinHof.

1471654557__mg_2307.jpg

where you find eyelets, you usually find pre decs. Nice goldie haul, car looks a pre 70s one.

Thanks guys, it was nice to be out and about after the enforced spell;Rocket, I had the 3030 discrimination locked into the goldies pretty much, will go back over the country again with different discrimination pattern, thanks for the eyelet tip too.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
Another day and another park today and the decimal goldies keep coming, nothing old though, I guess one should not complain, it was another great day to be out detecting and getting a bit of exercise.
1471775612__mg_2311.jpg

Went back after a break and some lunch and picked up another $14 in goldies and a few decimal coppers and one 10 cent 1982 Hong Kong coin, a bit of a surprise, another good hunt.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Folks,
I think I must have contracted "Goldie Fever" perhaps off the forum here; well to get some relief, decided to do an afternoon hunt a little further afield than the last two hunts over the weekend, all was progressing well till the dam rain put an end to proceedings for the day, bugger just when it was starting to get interesting.
Apart from the goldies, a 1938 roo penny saw daylight for the first time in a long time given the crud that is cladding it, this spot will be worth spending a bit more time working it with a more open discrimination pattern to see what else is lurking there, the 3030 was blanking almost non-stop at times,who knows what might be there?
1471848787__mg_2315.jpg

Cheers all, SinHof.

ctx is prob different, but I only run 1 or 2 points of descrim now...all targets are so much clearer, and you get a better idea of the whats under the coil.

Hi Rocket,
Yes, I will have to do some experimenting with different settings,all the blanking got the better of me so I flicked over to an open pattern just to see/hear what was going on; talk about a confused racket, the sounds were overwhelming, at least to my, as yet fully trained ears.
It's all part of the fun learning what the machine is telling you, I still have a long way to go in terms of experience to obtain the standard of you guys here and I certainly appreciate the help and info that has been give and continues to come my way here and in person, a great bunch of people.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts