SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heatho said:
Wally69 said:
Nice hunting SinHof,

thinking horse hobbles myself, still a great piece of colonial history :cool:

I was think exactly the same thing.

Don't lock me up if I am wrong SinHof :eek: think the same late 1800s locking mechanism was used for both human and livestock control

Evening Heatho and Wally69,
The better half found a picture of the hobbles that matched those in question and it had an American US$1 note for a size comparison;interesting, we have tried to find the web page again but with no luck so far.
SinHof.

mate of mind used to collect old hand cuff and leg irons he was paying at least a $100 for a pair in the 80;s and 90's

Thanks for the comments guys ,still trying to work out exactly what they are.
Cheers, SinHof.

Love the intrigue SinHof, I am going to point you in the direction of 'very early' Hiatt felon's leg irons

Younger versions carry the same chain and mid-chain shackle design but they have a more modernised hinge joint.

Very, very cool find :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

1466680944_image.jpg

I reckon the cuffs may be Darby style leg irons like the ones below,the chain looks too long to be cuffs.Leg irons I guess had longer chain so you could still shuffle along.
1466682232_image.jpg

Many thanks for the new information guys,I can just make out the number 29 on one of the, I'll call them cuffs for the moment, there also appears to be a line of smaller writing near the 29 will take a closer look today, stay tuned.
SinHof.

Hi All,
Did a bit of work around the house this morning and decided to take the 3030 for a run in a local park post lunch. Amongst the dozens of pull tabs and bottle caps out popped my first ever detected florin, along with a shilling and a very well worn roo penny, plus a few one and two cent coins, a half reasonable couple of hours despite the crumby weather.
Stay warm gang.
SinHof.
1467014488__mg_4244.jpg

Hi Folks,
This little swinger has been off the air for the past week with some kind of gastro bug, not much fun there. At any rate got out for a swing Sat/Sun afternoons for a couple of hours each and went out to the "Park Of A Thousand Ring-Pulls". Well the place lived up to its new name I managed to dig up close to 50 of the pesky things, finished up driving me nuts so gave up, giving the place away as a bad joke. A bent up roo penny, a shilling and five bucks in decimal goldies and a mini rail flat car in excellent condition branded "Lone Star Locos" made in England.
Not to be off-put by the ring-pull disaster I headed to the beaches for some easy detecting and had a great afternoon, picked up eleven dollars in decimal goldies and ONLY two ring-pulls.
The high point of the afternoon was the ring pulled up from about three hundred mil on the low tide line. At this stage we, the better half and self are not sure of its pedigree other that the band is marked 925 silver, as for the stones,there are quite a lot of them and don't have a clue as to what they are, under normal lighting they sure sparkle throwing light in all directions, the picture does not quite do the ring justice. Someone here might be able to identify what the stones are, I hope.
Cheers, SinHof.

1467632967_ring_4716.jpg

Nice ring mate, lovely find. Most likely cubic zirconias in a 925 ring. Usually diamonds will be in gold or platinum. I could be wrong though.

Latest posts