SinHof and the CTX3030.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very nice ring, regardless of the type of stones. Some rings will have CZ marked on the inside of the band, it's most likely a dress ring, but one my missus would love to own. ;)

Thanks for the info guys, CZ looks to be the most likely answer to the stone riddle; when I first picked it up I must admit the old heart missed a beat or two, bit like finding a sizeable gold nugget, excitement all round. The better half after checking it out said she would be more than happy to have on her hand so I guess I have just earned a stack of brownie points.
Keep swinging.
SinHof.

Tt's a gorgeous ring mate, I'd be stoked to have found it. If that were a real pink diamond it would be worth easy $100,000, maybe even triple that.

CZ are a nice stone and sparkle just like a diamond. Glad you got some brownie points up. Always helps for future trips away. :D

G'Day Heatho,
Yes mate, I've just got off the phone with my detecting mate and we are heading back to one of our properties chasing the yellow stuff come Thursday week; I hope the new 19" 7000 coil will be available before then, could/should be very interesting.
SinHof.

Up-Date on the ring; Heatho and Goldpick got its pedigree correct first time round, old mate jeweller confirmed CZ, he is currently resizing the ring to fit the better half's finger/s. No joy on the beach today, must have done too good a job yesterday.
CheersAll, SinHof.

Nice ring SinHof, ot is nice when the better half gets involved with the hobbie.

CZ colour range

1467706329_image.jpg

G'Day Wally69,
Thanks for the CZ colour chart, the centre stone is a CZ03 pink and the smaller stones look like CZ01 white,the ring certainly stands out when there is a bit of light on it.
Cheers, Sinhof.

I really like CZ as a stone even if it is manufactured. It always looks great in jewellery. Barney has a large chunk of the I think CZ06 and it is very heavy for it's size. He got it with one of his faceting machines, it must be a good 100g chunk of the stuff.

Really top looking stuff once faceted.

Hi Gang,
Got out this PM for a swing, the first couple of new parks were fenced and locked, bugger did not show up on Google Earth; anyway back out to the "park of a thousand ring-pulls" and managed a couple of 2 cent coins and an immaculate 1946 Florin, pretty happy with that find and yes a stack more of those bloody ring-pulls 12/42 on the 3030 is a popular combo with florins and junk ring-pulls.
There's always tomorrow.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Gang,
Gave the 3030 a run over two new old timers huts on the fold fields, both will be worth going over on a future trip/s as the rain made moving around the country difficult and could not get back to one of them due to extreme boggy conditions, plus the usual gold fever tends to take precedence on detecting time.
In terms of finds, old 303 cartridge cases, an old purse frame, and old lamp body that has been trashed but would have been a really nice piece in tact and various other bits of metal, musket balls, and two rabbit traps, one branded "Bunyip"
1469415178_20160725_123800.jpg
1469415262_20160725_115238.jpg
1469415318_20160725_123819.jpg
1469415344_20160725_115355.jpg

The rain put a real damper on this trip, our last trip was also cut short due to heavy rain; third time lucky, we will have to see how the weather shapes up in a month or so.
Cheers, SinHof.

Yep, definitely be having another detailed look around there. Your traps are in much better condition than my rusted old thing. :D

Hi Everyone,
Yes, the trip yielded a range of finds, the absolutely saturated ground made life very difficult in many ways that hindered a fair go at detecting. The last site I walked onto and later had a quick swing over with the 3030 will certainly be worth spending some serious time on griding the surrounding area.
Stay warm.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts