Silver at last

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love that Hall spot K :cool: :Y: Oooo...Sunny one day and Sunnier the next :rainbow: :cool: :lol:
Silvers look sweet but the pennys look a little toasted...I wonder if it would be weed spraying that would eat the coins
I've been thinking on testing some of my deep frier spots with litmus paper just to see :rolleyes:
I'll probably find out I need to take a horticulture course to understand what I trying to achieve :lol:
Bugger it...... just started pissing down here :eek: :rolleyes:
Mmmmm..... Sunny hall spot :rainbow:

B5MECH said:
Love that Hall spot K :cool: :Y: Oooo...Sunny one day and Sunnier the next :rainbow: :cool: :lol:
Silvers look sweet but the pennys look a little toasted...I wonder if it would be weed spraying that would eat the coins
I've been thinking on testing some of my deep frier spots with litmus paper just to see :rolleyes:
I'll probably find out I need to take a horticulture course to understand what I trying to achieve :lol:
Bugger it...... just started pissing down here :eek: :rolleyes:
Mmmmm..... Sunny hall spot :rainbow:
You know I'm thinking of you guy's when I take these photos :p
Ground is very heavy dark clay soil,so holds the moister very well. I doubt there is much weed spraying here,there is barely any grass in summer it is that hot,and winter it is mostly clover.

A quick hunt in the swamplands this arvo. I shed a tear for the poor things condition,the 6d will never shine again 8.(
1501584038_1st_august_17_6d.jpg

1501584054_1st_august_17_pennies.jpg

:eek: Whoo look at that Half Penny 8) it looks like it's going to turn to dust :eek: :lol:
Someones been dumping chemicals in that swamp :eek:
The 6p should loose it's crust with a S&V :cool: :Y: Looks like there could be some detail left 8)

The wife set me up to take an old fella out with his cheapo Chinese detector for his first hunt.

We went out to an old train station,wasn't to much there,but plucked this penny out at 1cm deep.
1501998009_6th_august_17_penny_11.jpg

Then on to the hall I found the '35 Shilling a few weeks back.
I'm almost embarrassed to show a pic with so much cloud in it :8
1501998138_6th_august_17_hall.jpg

After walking about 10 meters from the ute,out popped the 1886 brit half.
1501998209_6th_august_17_brit_half.jpg

Then old mate managed to snag his first coin,a 1950 sixpence,I called beginner's luck on that :p
A few meters from that find...
1501998326_6th_august_17_shilling_11.jpg

Another few feet away,I got an iffy signal. Began digging the hard ground and realised it was right next to a green ant nest. One little bugger managed to bite me on the big toe,hurt for like 20 minutes too.
1501998453_6th_august_17_shilling_actual_11.jpg

Then...
1501998498_6th_august_17_6d.jpg

All up
1501998527_6th_august_17_all.jpg

Thought the loo was worth a photo
1501998563_6th_august_17_toilet.jpg

Hunt was cut short by a thunder storm of all things,thanks for looking.

Great hunting ktmann, just caught up on your posts , nice pics , beaut coins . That last place looked likely for a gold sovereign to pop out of the ground ;)

Danny13 said:
Great hunting ktmann, just caught up on your posts , nice pics , beaut coins . That last place looked likely for a gold sovereign to pop out of the ground ;)
HaHa, I will have to dig a few thousand lead head nails first if there is a Sov in amongst em.

Latest posts