SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the windings in resin or something similar,as every coiltek coil I have had they have become noisy after time,or bump sensitive from new

Now being a newbie to the SDC, what benefit will these coils have over the standard coil? Will they find smaller or larger pieces deeper? As it is the SDC does not strike small bits very deep.
Will they be more sensitive?
Thanks, Goldtrapper.

Wishfull said:
Coiltek said:
Thanks indeed, we are very excited to bring this range out. I am sure those old patched will get a hammering ...again!

If you need to claim a warranty for the detector (not the Coiltek coil) just put the unit back to standard and send it to Minelab. There are no modifications necessary which will damage the machine.

No DD coils - we already have a good range of DD coils - 14", 17x11",22"

Trev
Cool so the big question is .....drum roll.
What prices are we looking at please.
:eek:
Price were listed at:
$325,
$375,
$375,
Respectively

So let me get a grip on this ,

1, i need a modified shaft ?
2, would it be quick to change back to standard coil ?
3, Pre ordering sounds like a ticket to turdsville if they are a flop, has anyone with any cred actually tested these ?
4, can i chop a tree down like the bloke that tested the 12x8 evo for the 4500/5000s
5, i want one but i think the early reviews could go either way and i hate dissapointment.

Hi all. Thanks for the support.

These coils will provide you with other options for different abilities. The smaller coil will be sensitive and great for tight areas. The larger 11 will be good for depth and covers more ground as does the 14x9. The 14x9 has the added benefit of extra coverage though and good pinpointing. Essentially going over already worked ground with other coils has always been a benefit and now you have that for the SDC.

The windings are very secure as all the elites have been.

Its been a very positive response to this release and I cant wait until they are on the ground finding gold for those who get one.
Thanks
Trev.

aussiefarmer said:
So let me get a grip on this ,

1, i need a modified shaft ?
2, would it be quick to change back to standard coil ?
3, Pre ordering sounds like a ticket to turdsville if they are a flop, has anyone with any cred actually tested these ?
4, can i chop a tree down like the bloke that tested the 12x8 evo for the 4500/5000s
5, i want one but i think the early reviews could go either way and i hate dissapointment.

In response

1. You get all you need to attach the Coiltek coils in our accessory pack.
2. Changing back to the original is quite easy
3. No one is forcing anyone to preorder so for those fence sitters waiting is fine.
4. ?? Dunno why you want to do that
5. We have done our due diligence for this release but no problems in waiting for the reports.

As an after market coil company we are all about providing beneficial options for detectors and their users.
We know these will do that for the SDC

Thanks. Trev.

Will be interesting to see if this is for real or not ! If it is and we can get a depth advantage with out loosing sensitivity they will be a hit
Wonder how the cable connection will be ,anyway will make for interesting conversation around the fire this weekend.
Cheers Booney.

Latest posts