SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
grubstake said:
AngerManagement said:
Would love to see one attached and how the cable runs around the shaft.

From the Coiltek email:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4012/1552023356_attached.jpg

So they've been tested by Rick Fishers by the looks of that promo, it'd be nice to hear Rick's opinions on how well they performed. Even better it'll be nice to hear reports from independent well seasoned professionals more so. I'm just as interested as everyone else but will sit on the fence for now after all I've got no option :lol: too busy to get out for the next few months at least :(

I can't see them keeping the same sensitivity at greater depths, however, am willing to be proved wrong.
I have long held the view that the cost of detecting for gold is not the initial cost of the detector, it is all the "must have" coils and enhancers etc,
so many people detect for a while unsuccessfully, and think the problem is the equipment.
I continually meet people with 2 or 3 machines, and a ute load of coils.
A 4500, in factory presets, with 11" commander coil will still find heaps, if you walk over it.
Keep it simple.

This is good to see being finalised and offers a somewhat new lease of life for the SDC's.

My SDC ran out of warranty sometime last year anyway. I've had it since 2nd week of release though I sent it to Minelab back in Jan. for a thorough checkup and got the all-clear with minor main board repairs after a falsing issue during last years trip, so this has me fairly excited to see just what it'll do with a larger (or smaller) coil attached.

I can't imagine just how sensitive that 10x5" Joey would be?! :eek:

Hopefully the production numbers can handle the initial rush. Exciting times ahead.

Cheers to the guys at Coiltek! :beer:

can coiltek show findings with the new coils how much better do they work what coil suits what in comparison to the standard coil that would be a good start rather than buying them and find out yourself could be good or bad

savage bitter said:
can coiltek show findings with the new coils how much better do they work what coil suits what in comparison to the standard coil that would be a good start rather than buying them and find out yourself could be good or bad

I'm sure there will be a plethora of UTubers testing them once they get there hands on some.

Redfin said:
savage bitter said:

I'm sure there will be a plethora of UTubers testing them once they get there hands on some.
I hope so just as long as its a true test result lot of crap on youtube :Y:

Great link grubstake :Y:
Copied from coilteks post on another forum
1552118267_coilte11.jpg

Im falling in love all over :D doubt i would sell the 7000 but for the short time i get to detect the sdc will become number one again as its so much easier to smash a 8 hour day in once every 3 months and still be able to move the day after?

I seen reeds prospecting website has them up for pre order.
I dont have and SDC but good to see some options from the aftermarket distributors to give people choice.
The coil price looks reasonable too, any idea how much the accessories pack will be?? And I assume you will just need one of these to do all 3 coils??

LORD said:
I seen reeds prospecting website has them up for pre order.
I dont have and SDC but good to see some options from the aftermarket distributors to give people choice.
The coil price looks reasonable too, any idea how much the accessories pack will be?? And I assume you will just need one of these to do all 3 coils??

I think I saw $70 mentioned somewhere.

11 inch round or 14x9..depth test on a 1-3 grammer..I wonder if there youll be any difference..Like the ideal of an elliptical for pin pointing and coverage..?But depth probably depth most important..What do you think..

Will be great when someone uses them ,

Get a good feedback about them..

If they work well that is great....

If they work bad. Some will feel a tad :poop: off

Make's me kind of wish I had a SDC so I could give them new coil's a flogging..

Goody :)

I posted this on 4umer earlier but it's pretty relevant to the discussion here too:
The MPF PI tech employed in the SDC isn't about depth but the very fast switching between tx & rx is ideal for pinging those small, shallow bits other detectors can miss.
I don't see the new coils giving huge improvements in depth in most conditions but the ground coverage of the larger coils will be their big positive if sensitivity is maintained (although the depth on some gold has surprised me at times with the SDC so in some areas a larger coil may get a good improvement?) + some will like the Joey coil for poking into tight spots. Good for those who only use a SDC but a bit obsolete for anyone that also has a GPX.

Yep That is what I am thinking.
Was going to sell the SDC and upgrade, now I can maybe improve finds for a lot cheaper option.
Maybe upgrade next year if these coils dont do the job
Also interested if the coils can get wet

Latest posts