SDC2300 aftermarket coil information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm aware that nugget finder has been working on a new coil, I'll make some enquiries and see what I can find out.

If there the real McCoy I'd of thought we would have seen some marketing of sorts :(

A copy and paste from Rick at another place.

Coiltek have this morning announced the release of three new coils for the SDC 2300.
New lower shaft as part of the adapter kit.

10x5 Elliptical ($330)
11 Round ($375)
14x9 Elliptica ($375)

Release date is 4th April.

Going to make an already deadly machine even better !
Simplicity of use over heavily mineralised ground plus a 14x9 for ground coverage

Redfin said:
A copy and paste from Rick at another place.

Coiltek have this morning announced the release of three new coils for the SDC 2300.
New lower shaft as part of the adapter kit.

10x5 Elliptical ($330)
11 Round ($375)
14x9 Elliptica ($375)

Release date is 4th April.

Going to make an already deadly machine even better !
Simplicity of use over heavily mineralised ground plus a 14x9 for ground coverage

Ahh that sounds like the real McCoy :Y: sure will be interesting to see how they perform.

Today 2:39 pm
Hi all I was sent this from a mate.
People are worried it might affect their warranty though..

1551929939_resized_screenshot_20190307-132853_facebook_1317.jpg

Ancient 1996 Garret Scorpion gold stinger, Minelab GPX 4500, SDC2300, Detecnix wader Li pinpointer, home made pick, 750 mm Walco pick, understanding wife, most of the time.

Centre-mounted coils at last too, which should greatly improve the handling of the SDC. The 10 x 5 in particular looks like a good, sturdy weapon!
1551935527_coiltek.jpg

they are only gpx coils as they plug in the same , it was just the shaft attachment that is new ;)

sometime ago on this forum a member modded an sdc to take the gpx coil

[img=...]http://storage.proboards.com/2649655/thumbnailer/ap9eiUYd6SjFBh8TvKUH.jpg[/img]

HI All,

Yes the news is exciting that's for sure. These will be great options for the SDC machine.

In regards to them being 'only GPX coils' this is not the case - there are some similarities however other development and engineering had to be completed for the correct performance attributes.

Either way we hope that you enjoy the new coils!

Trev

Exciting news Trevor..For all the SDC lovers..I Think I know where I can put it to good use..Well done..

Exciting news Trevor..For all the SDC lovers..I Think I know where I can put it to good use..Well done..Anything on the DD front coming up..?

Thanks indeed, we are very excited to bring this range out. I am sure those old patched will get a hammering ...again!

If you need to claim a warranty for the detector (not the Coiltek coil) just put the unit back to standard and send it to Minelab. There are no modifications necessary which will damage the machine.

No DD coils - we already have a good range of DD coils - 14", 17x11",22"

Trev

Coiltek said:
Thanks indeed, we are very excited to bring this range out. I am sure those old patched will get a hammering ...again!

If you need to claim a warranty for the detector (not the Coiltek coil) just put the unit back to standard and send it to Minelab. There are no modifications necessary which will damage the machine.

No DD coils - we already have a good range of DD coils - 14", 17x11",22"

Trev
Cool so the big question is .....drum roll.
What prices are we looking at please.
:eek:

Coiltek said:
HI All,

Yes the news is exciting that's for sure. These will be great options for the SDC machine.

In regards to them being 'only GPX coils' this is not the case - there are some similarities however other development and engineering had to be completed for the correct performance attributes.

Either way we hope that you enjoy the new coils!

Trev

Top job Trev :cool:

You have made a good thing better :perfect:

The 7000s out there better watch out now :power: :money: :goldnugget:

Latest posts