Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
silver said:
As long as everyone realises that once we move mass between gravitationally related objects within the solar system we invite future chaos for the yet unborn that will follow far behind in our footsteps..... we can only hope that our gaining ability to rape pillage and plunder raw resources beyond the confines of our Earth will come with an inate sense of understanding the complexities of the gravitational ebb and flow that has held naturally for us so far.... and and ability to redirect and offset the course changes of the larger mass objects that could in due course be altered unintentionally by our forays into in space production of our newly gained title of space race`s futuristic technology from the reduction of asteroids into usable component parts.

Myself.... well I'd much rather we did that in one of our neighboring solsr systems that missed out on the spark of life (so our wonderful system that provided our genisis can maintain its clockwork run unabated far into our future)

Heavy, heavy. A bit too heavy for my old brain.

Rob P.

numpty said:
Silver you put my vocabulary to shame :lol:

im surprised i spelt vocabulary correct :lol:

Don't worry too much numpty, I really had to postulate over fitting some words to concepts there in order to enumerate the entirety of it in one go. Not like my brain could bring that out without a total concentration through the fog of normality. Left me injured most likely :D

silver said:
numpty said:
Silver you put my vocabulary to shame :lol:

im surprised i spelt vocabulary correct :lol:

Don't worry too much numpty, I really had to postulate over fitting some words to concepts there in order to enumerate the entirety of it in one go. Not like my brain could bring that out without a total concentration through the fog of normality. Left me injured most likely :D
I have a profound question for you Silver. Why is Jeff Bezos trying to get space pregnant ?
1627355628_screenshot_20210727_124235.jpg
was going to make a joke about him trying to reach a particular planet in our solar system but I better not :lol:

Like on Cracker jack the movie where he says "I go off like a rocket, I'll have you know".... or he may have said "cracker" lol :p

I didn't realise they were Australian..... Go Aussies..... :perfect:

We also have one mob up here too... Operating out of Gold Coast... Their testing site is just up the road from my place....

4 weeks ago i heard the roar of a test... That was the Test featured on Mega Mechanics on Foxtel.... :eek: :D

Their launch pad will be just north of Airlie Beach QLD...

https://www.gspacetech.com/

LW....

Hi Space fans. I've been away a while. Sorry.

So much has happened specially with SpaceX. I think Inspiration 4 is the next big

"Countdown" is a "near real time" doco about Inspiration 4. The first flight of civilian Astronauts ever. They are flying with SpaceX in the Crew Dragon capsule launched on a Falcon 9 rocket on the 15th September. They will Spend 3 days in orbit, higher than the ISS which will be higher than anyone since the shuttle mission to fix Hubble. That was at the very limit of how far out the shuttle could go.

First 2 episodes are on Netflix now.

1631171276_dragoncrew.8k.jpg

1631171276_crew-dragon-dm-1-falcon-9-b1051-rollout-spacex-3-tallc.jpg

1631171276_spacex-dragon-glass-dome-inspiration4-mission.jpg

LoneWolf said:
I didn't realise they were Australian..... Go Aussies..... :perfect:

We also have one mob up here too... Operating out of Gold Coast... Their testing site is just up the road from my place....

4 weeks ago i heard the roar of a test... That was the Test featured on Mega Mechanics on Foxtel.... :eek: :D

Their launch pad will be just north of Airlie Beach QLD...

https://www.gspacetech.com/

LW....

I follow Gilmour Space. Last time I asked they are aiming to get to orbit in 2022.

They are not the only Australians getting into the space race. Southern Launch is a launch site provider with 2 sites in South Australia. One inland for suborbital launches and one down on the coast for orbital missions.
They actually have a launch windoew starting tomorrow, Friday to launch a rocket for Taiwan.

https://www.southernlaunch.space

Welcome Back Fellow Spacey.... Ramjet.... :clap:

Yes GS is just up the road and their test pad is in an old Quarry just down another road...

I have heard a few 'Roars' from their Testing lately... All i can say is Go Aussies....

It can be hard keeping up with all the news re, SPACE lately..

LW...

Falcon 9 and Crew Dragon waiting patiently to launch the first all civilian crew into space. Four days til launch.

Next to it is the centre core for the next Falcon Heavy launch scheduled for early October. This booster will be expended unfortunately. There will be a first for this mission. The 2 side boosters will land simultaneously on 2 drone ships only a couple of kilometres apart.

Just Read the Instructions (JRTI) is an old hand with 21 successful landings and will be supported by ASOG, A Shortfalll Of Gravitas, on it's very first mission.
ASOG is a new and improved version of the drone ships and has recently completed its sea trails. See pic. While the other 2 need tugboats to haul them out to the landing zone, ASOG is self propelled.
OCISLY has been moved to the West coast to support Starlink launches out of Vandenberg Space Force Base. The first launch, which will be a polar orbit is coming up pretty soon.

1631445652_falcon-9.jpg

1631446390_asog_md.jpg

SpaceX Starlink launch live shortly. Sorry for the late notice. Been out getting my 2nd 5g injection.

These Starlink launches will be from Vandenberg on the west coast. This is shell 2 launching into polar orbits to cover the polar regions not covered by shell one. See pic.

This is a 2nd gen set of satellites and they have laser communication between each satellite so ground stations are not needed. This also means that people in countries that block internet can theoretically get Starlink access. When asked what could countries do about them streaming to their citizens, Musk replied. They can shake their fists at the sky.

Spacex. https://youtu.be/4372QYiPZB4

Raw space. https://youtu.be/a6ORv-4fXqo

1631589471_constellation.jpg

Latest posts