Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No Martians yet, But they did spot this fellow wandering around....... :)

1613791115_unmnntitled.jpg

LW

Tathradj said:
Counter rotating.
Even more stable. :)
How they fly in such a thin atmosphere is a great achievement in itself. Atleast there are no bugs to smash the rotors that need to spin so fast.... Well no bugs that we know of anyway.
1618817404_images_-_2021-04-19t165946.358.jpg

Edit:Too graphic mate.

BigWave said:
I look forward to it.
Would have thought they'd use a quad, as much easier to control?

Because of the the thin martian atmosphere, very long rotors are necessary, 1.2m (4ft) diameter in this case! A quad would necessitate four long rotors (each probably somewhat shorter than these, I guess) and four separate motors, with a body structure strong enough to support them, so I'd guess the more compact single-axis contra-rotating helicopter format was preferable because of size constraints if nothing else.

I watched it from start to finish.... yes it was a great success, but the stage management and PR whoo ha at the landing left me in no doubt that Bezos just wants to keep adding more billions to his bottom line. Good luck to him, Im just jealous, but I think there are more worthwhile philanthropic ways to splash some of his already vast fortune around. Projects like this aimed at millionaires wallets does little to better society in general.
If somehow in the future these playboys adventures make a difference, I guess well see... :|

They are all full of it:

Virgin Galactic admits Richard Branson did not ride a bicycle to the launch site before blasting into space

A Virgin Galactic official, speaking anonymously, affirmed to Reuters by text that the video in question was filmed on July 5, the Monday before the flight, and that Sir Richard did not ride his bike at all on the day of the launch.

"The footage of Sir Richard Branson shown during the event Sunday was prerecorded and misidentified in the broadcast," they said.

"We regret the error and any confusion it may have caused.

It was unclear whether the disclosure would complicate Virgin Galactic's cross-promotional deal with Wisconsin-based Trek Bicycle Corp.

Trek had claimed that Sir Richard rode one of its custom-made bikes to the spaceport on launch day.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07...knowledged billionaire,of the event on Sunday.

Wonder if Jim Kirk rode a bike to the launch of the Enterprise :lol:

As long as everyone realises that once we move mass between gravitationally related objects within the solar system we invite future chaos for the yet unborn that will follow far behind in our footsteps..... we can only hope that our gaining ability to rape pillage and plunder raw resources beyond the confines of our Earth will come with an inate sense of understanding the complexities of the gravitational ebb and flow that has held naturally for us so far.... and and ability to redirect and offset the course changes of the larger mass objects that could in due course be altered unintentionally by our forays into in space production of our newly gained title of space race`s futuristic technology from the reduction of asteroids into usable component parts.

Myself.... well I'd much rather we did that in one of our neighboring solsr systems that missed out on the spark of life (so our wonderful system that provided our genisis can maintain its clockwork run unabated far into our future)

Latest posts