Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like Blue Origin may the first private company to take paying passengers into space.

1570001926_713.jpg

1570001926_71489490_2419434081478139_8483362056655863808_o.jpg

1570001926_71950469_2419431048145109_4417124927631523840_n.jpg

Standby for incoming (this time next year)! :eek:

Japan's Asteroid Probe Is Finally Returning To Earth With Its Precious Cargo:
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/11/...y-returning-to-earth-with-its-precious-cargo/

Unlike its predecessor, the Hayabusa2 spacecraft will not burn up in Earths atmosphere. Instead, it will jettison the samples once at Earth, where theyre expected to land in the South Australian desert (JAXA is currently negotiating with the Aussie government to iron out some important details, including permits to retrieve the re-entry capsule in the restricted Woomera territory).

Cool we better get our Hard Hats ready... O:) It just blows me away.... Be interesting to see the results...

In replying on a previous quote by RJ on working 24/7, you can imagine working in a tin can in the Heat of the day... I would think lots more work is done on the inside during the night....

LW.....

grubstake said:
Standby for incoming (this time next year)! :eek:

Japan's Asteroid Probe Is Finally Returning To Earth With Its Precious Cargo:
https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2019/11/...y-returning-to-earth-with-its-precious-cargo/

Unlike its predecessor, the Hayabusa2 spacecraft will not burn up in Earths atmosphere. Instead, it will jettison the samples once at Earth, where theyre expected to land in the South Australian desert (JAXA is currently negotiating with the Aussie government to iron out some important details, including permits to retrieve the re-entry capsule in the restricted Woomera territory).

Very cool. Sorry I haven't posted in here for a while.

There has been no Falcon 9 launch since July, until the other day when Spacex launched another 60 Starlink satellites. This now means Spacex has 5% of all satellites in orbit in just 2 launches. WOW. The total is now going to be 42000 Starlink satellites.

This mission set a few new records. The first time an F9 booster has been launched 4 times. Nailed the landing too. The heaviest load an F9 has launched. The first time a captured fairing has been used. They were also going to attempt to catch both fairing halves for the first time but it was called off due to rough seas. They will probably fish them out of the water.

The reason for the lack of launches is that non of the customers has their payloads ready. We have to imagine that Spacex has used this time to build up a nice fleet of boosters and 2nd stages. Should be good fro next year to pick up the pace which looks very busy as they intend to launch a Starlink mission every 2 weeks on top of their customers needs.

Elon tweeted the the F9 2nd stage will be turned into a mini Starship which will make it reusable. NOICE.

Meanwhile progress on Starship Mk1 is powering ahead. May see it fly before the end of the year.

I watched the launch the other day, shame the camera feed dropped out just before deployment... This Starlink set-up sounds real interesting... So many mini-sats.. it will be hard to fit them all up there without running into each other...

Elon disappeared for a week on Twitter... Going by some of the twets by others, Sounds like he had had enough of being bullied.... I also think that the black dog played a role in it... :|

LW....

The Starlink sats have only a 5 year life span. They will then de orbit and be replaced by ever more updated tech. They have Ion engines, (which blows my mind. I can post some vids and info if anyone s interested). They also have obstacle avoidance capability. Next level tech really.

There is a series on Apple TV+ which may interest some of you, it is titled, For All Mankind, it is about the US space race against the Russians with the twist being the US is second to the moon.
It features historic footage of the Saturn rockets and the Apollo launches etc.

Manpa said:
There is a series on Apple TV+ which may interest some of you, it is titled, For All Mankind, it is about the US space race against the Russians with the twist being the US is second to the moon.
It features historic footage of the Saturn rockets and the Apollo launches etc.

I have heard of it but not watched it yet. Thanks Manpa.

"RUPTURE UPDATE:
Through back channels it has been revealed that MK1 suffered an accidental overpressure to failure. Fuel and oxidizer would typically be loaded to 3 Bar or 43.5 psi~ for densification purposes and flightworthy tanks may be tested to 1.5-2x that value for single time structural proofing. In the case of what happened today the story is that communications errors between the pumps/sensors and remote controls allowed the tanks to be massively and erroneously overpressured to the point of failure, leading to catastrophic rupture.
We expect SpaceX in good time to reveal the details, they may explain it was deliberate as big changes in airframe and control surfaces in the succeeding MK series variants are coming."

It seems it was "not completely unexpected" as Spacex had already decided not to fly Mk 1 but to take the manufacturing lessons and apply them to the next versions. The results of fast, iterative prototyping. A method not used by other companies in the Space industry.

1574304148_fb_img_1574303692313.jpg

While not a rocket, Tesla launched it's long awaited cybertruck. While the looks have received a lot of negative comments, the performance, prices and features have been applauded. Made from the same Stainless steel as the starship and is bullet proof. The ramp in pic 4 is built into the tailgate and the ATV is also electric and will be an option to buy with the truck. Has on board compressor for the variable suspension plus can generate 110 v and 220 v. The ATV can be charged from the truck.

PS. It beat a current Porsche 911 in a drag race.

1574457032_ct11.jpg

1574457032_ct12.jpg

1574457033_ct13.jpg

1574457033_ct14.jpg

Latest posts