Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LoneWolf said:
Very 'Spacey' RJ... Ugly as hell tho... :argh:

LW

Got over 126000 pre orders since the unveiling yesterday.

Very Fugly. Seeing as pick trucks are the most popular vehicle by far in America, you think they would design something appealing to the target buyer.

Yes I just read, Too Futuristic.... More suitable for the Moon or Mars... I do like the ATV idea tho... That would be good for sneaking around the bush...

LW.....

1574640650_77101308_3047940321902656_3390774867992248320_o.jpg

HUGE launch tomorrow. Spacex are launching their in flight abort test of the Crew Dragon. It will be a normal flight for abort 90 seconds then the dragon will fire it's escape motors at MAX Q, the point of maximum aerodynamic pressure. The capsule will fly off then ditch the "trunk" and parachute into the ocean to be recovered.

The Falcon 9 booster is expected to disintegrate but if it doesn't they will hit the destruct button. This will be the 4th and last flight for this booster.The 2nd stage will be fully fueled to crate correct conditions but will have a dummy engine to make the correct weight. Should be spectacular.

All going well the next flight of the dragon will take 2 astronauts to the ISS in a few months.

Everyday Astronauts live stream. 10.45 pm tomorrow night, 18/01/2020.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/VrPq8vC7C4E[/video]

Oh yeh its getting real exciting now... :D

Not too long before the USA can tell Russia to put their seats where they fit... {) and NASA can save $70m+ on every flight to the ISS....

Poor Boeing ... I don't think they will ever get off the ground... Well may-be one day they might.. :playful:

LW....

The In flight abort test looks like being pushed back a bit due to bad weather in the recovery area. Still a 90% chance it will be tonight. Spacex will start their live stream at midnight our time. See link below.

Boeing. During their last parachute test they did not attach 1 of the 3 parachutes to the capsule. An amazing blunder. Then in the demo flight to the ISS the mission clock was set wrong and the capsule burned a lot of fuel trying to get to where it thought it should be. So not enough fuel left to get to the ISS. Not a good look. I watched the re entry and landing and at least that went well.

Spacex live stream.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/mhrkdHshb3E[/video]

Yes it didn't go quite as planned for them... They are now saying it was a success as some things went to plan, but a lot didn't... Imagine Not attaching a Parachute... :rolleyes:

I thought it wasn't right sacking the CEO... I thought some Engineers might have gone first.... But He was already in 'Trouble' and that just put the icing on the cake...So to speak.... :/

Thanks for the heads up about the launch tonight RJ... :Y:

LW...

Latest posts