Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Catching up on all the latest Space news and I came across this Pic of the Dragon Crew Capsule over the Rocky Mountains... Wow...
1566954978_ec_8rfwxkaaulva.jpg

LW....

Sure does. The nexr generation Starship may be 18 metres wide. WOW. Double the size of the current prototypes. The original ITS, (Interplanetary Transport System), was to be 12 metres. Revised to 9 m for BFR and Starship. This stuff is crazy.

1567041559_18m.jpg

Computers control all Jaros.... Not much Human intervention.... Now if they had Neil Armstrong on board, He would have turned off the Computer and landed safely... Just like He did on Apollo 13...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Computers control all Jaros.... Not much Human intervention.... Now if they had Neil Armstrong on board, He would have turned off the Computer and landed safely... Just like He did on Apollo 13...

LW....

Of course you meant to say... Apollo 11. ;)

Lots of things could have gone wrong. One of the 4 engines failed, error in programming, radar fail.... Maybe they will let us know when the review the data. Remember that NASA and the USSR had many failures before they got to land on the moon. NASA had the RANGER missions. These were sent up to take pics of the moon as the raced to crash into it. I believe Ranger 7 was the first to impact the moon. That meant the first 6 failed. Some just missed the moon altogether.

It's around a 400000 kilometre journey and to just get there requires precision that is mind boggling.

The Indian mission cost about half what it cost to make a block buster movie! They will do great science in the coming years.

Ha ha you are right RJ... Apollo 11. I was distracted by a call from a friend caught up in these fires on the Gold Coast.... Too early to know exactly what went wrong till they trawl through the data...

LW....

The PM wasn't unfazed by what just happened.... Sooo close, yet soo far.... Perfect up till 2.1km...Then the wheels fell off the Mission...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
I think the Japanese were down-playing the fire... Looks pretty serious to me... There is talk of one of the boosters fired pre-maturely 3hrs before launch..
https://youtu.be/tI5u0x7toTU
LW...

If that was the case, I'd expect a LOT more smoke and more powerful flames than are visible in that video.

That's what I thought too...... As I said its just 'talk' The Japanese have been a bit quiet on the cause... but there is a strange 'puff of smoke' under pressure just at the end of the video rising up the Rocket. Could be when the Fire suppression system went off ...

Anyhow, there was a fire and a serious one at that...

LW....

Latest posts