Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A BIG launch tomorrow. Spacex Falcon 9 with the first ever launch of a crew dragon to the space station.

1551406010_fb_img_1551394591179.jpg

1551406010_screenshot_20190228-175953_twitter.jpg

1551406011_screenshot_20190301-125341_next_spaceflight.jpg

LoneWolf said:
Pretty cool I say..... Just shows that you can still have a sense of humour AND be a CEO of a big Company... :perfect: :)

LW....

He is being slammed for his liking of pointless, tasteless memes. I thought the dolphin one was OK. I mean they didn't kill the deer to make the meme.

Inside Crew Dragon. A couple of trivial details. Crew Dragon can hold 7 astronauts but it is stated that NASA will only use 4. I guess the extra space will be used for cargo to the ISS in this configuration.

Random fact 2. The pilots screens folded down towards the pilots in a former iteration but now the seats move up to the screens once the Astronauts are strapped in.

Really looking forward to this launch. I think the docking to the ISS will be a highlight even though it doesn't have the spectacle of a launch or landing. More of a ballet.... at 27000 kmh!

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/SQX3zcpOojQ[/video]

The re-configure of the seats and screen was because they were worried about vibration of the screens and not being able to 'touch' the correct area....

Another fact about NASA, NASA will never send 7 astronauts together again. 8 or 6 may-be... after all NASA means: Need Another Seven Astronauts... :| Came out 6hrs after one of the Shuttle Accidents..... and we know NASA dislikes these sort of Acronyms....

A very high speed Ballet Ramjet... should make cool viewing when the hatch opens....

LW....

Harsh Perhaps, and it wasn't meant to be Humorous , but true... NASA commented after that 'joke' came out that they would never send 7 again.... They even considered changing their name because of those 'Jokes'... There is also another so called 'joke' but I won't mention it...

I didn't mean for it to sound humorous... I feel very sad that so many have given their lives for all things Space. And it is very Tragic that So many have.. But chances are more will too.. :brokenh: :flowers:

But fact is, Going to Space is very Dangerous and the Shuttle was the most Dangerous and Complicated flying machines Man has ever created to go to into Space... That's one reason Russia made their 'Crew-less' Shuttle, Remote controlled... They Didn't want to take the Risks... They also have lost their fair share in past flights after all...

Chris Hadfield once said on his return in an interview, 'As soon as those Engines start, you are either going to live or Die'.. A very powerful statement when you think about it.. They were prepared to put their lives on the line for all things Space... :eek:
And most Shuttle Crew wrote 'Good-bye' Letters to be handed to Family if something happened. That's how Dangerous that thing was... Thank God Most Flights didn't end in Tragedy and they have made safe returns back to Earth to tear up those Letters before the Families saw them..

Very Brave fellows those Astronauts and Cosmonauts.... I couldn't do it, even if I did have the Capabilities ...

LW....

LoneWolf said:
Successful launch and Deployment of Crew Dragon... Yay.....

Looks like I have upset Ramjet... Sorry bro. :flowers:

LW....

Not at all LW. I am just pretty busy. Wife is in hospital. I have some stats on "acceptable" loss of crew. I'll post them up when I get time.

Latest posts