Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is Talk on the net that the Soyuz launch didn't go exactly to plan... Seems it didn't make the planned Orbit, but instead is a little lower... Tim may know something and hopefully he can tell us what happened in his Broadcast soon...

LW....

From Elon on twitter. B1048 booster used on today's mission was the hottest landing attempt ever. This booster will now be used for the Crew Dragon high altitude abort test in April. That's a FAST turn around. It will be the last flight for this booster. If it doesn't get destroyed buy the forces of the test they will hit the self destruct button.

The high altitude abort test will happen at Max Q. The point at which the highest aerodynamic pressure is pushing back against the rocket. The Crew Dragon will fire the abort, escape engines and take off. Proving it can keep the future crews safe at any point in the flight. It is thought that this may destroy the first stage.

Cant wait for that test Ramjet... Going to be very Interesting.... :Y: Wonder Who will hit that Destruct Button... Bet its one of his Kids...

Mr Steven returned to Port Last night and didn't even attempt a Recovery today...

LW....

Wish I was one of those passengers....

On the news the other night, There is a Big NASA display being built ATM at The Museum at Southbank Brisbane... They had the front half of a Mock-up Space Shuttle, Space Suits and all sorts of things relating to Space... Missed when it's opening but should be around for 6 months or so.. I will see what I can find out about it...

LW...

Ded Driver said:
was just looking at this launch schedule on the NASA website
https://www.nasa.gov/launchschedule/

Some brave men and a woman stepping up to the plate mid-year for a pair of first crewed flights:

1550890115_nasa_crewed.jpg

Thanks Jaros... :Y:

Yes there is Grubstake, very brave indeed ... The Fellas that had the Failure on the Soyuz a few months ago will have Butterflies when they try again next month too...
Although with all this new stuff coming on board NASA isn't rushing into it and seem to be very cautious about it all.. And so they should after past Missions with the Shuttle...
I enjoy watching Chris Hadfield and his great Explanations on all things Space... One of the only ones who have done anything to encourage the Next Generation towards Space...

I love this..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvAnfi8WpVE Not bad for Playing Guitar up-side down...

LW....

It is interesting that NASA did not require an in flight abort test. Spacex are doing it but Boeing are doing only simulations. Spacex will use the same Crew Dragon that flies on DM1 so it will be a fast turn around.

Unusual NASA hasn't required an abort test, I suppose they could then blame someone it something happened... I do hope things go well for both makers, as that will really open the door for the exciting time of Space travel into the 21st Century... Nice vids there....

LW....

Latest posts