Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a great doco last night on Falcon Heavy and Spacex and their plans for Mars..... Wow... Shame it only went for 1hr... They could have filled several hrs with their Achievements....

LW....

As always a far reaching statement from Musk. Tesla to build electric planes. Also an update on the Starship and Super Heavy changes. Will now be made of metal. A heavy but super strong metal. This info from tweets by Musk.

LoneWolf said:
Interesting... I don't Tweet... But still get to see some... :koala:

LW....

I have a twitter account but never use it. I get this info from people who share it to Fakebook and sometime I read Reddit. :perfect:

Looks like this is just a topic for you and I LW. :eek: :cool: :playful: :inlove: :power: :fistpump:

Wishfull said:
Ramjet said:
Wishfull said:
Awsome ! South Australia is going to have space launches !

Again...... :D

Yes again. I think they are going to use the old Woomera rocket range. It's supposed to generate 20,000 new jobs.

That's awesome. Hope it gets off the ground sooner rather than later.

We know anything run by the gov will be slow moving. It's a start. One point that I didn't understand was that we are already launching satellites.

"Australia is already launching satellites at the moment so who knows what the future is going to be?" she said.

"There are already satellite launches happening in Australia.

Hey RJ.
Just a clarification for some readers, there is no "dark side" of the moon, (as was sung by Pink Floyd), just as there is no constant "dark side" of the Earth.
The moon has days and nights, however its is ~29.5 Earth days.
There is a far side of the moon (as the moon is Earth synchronous), but not a constant "dark side"
As it will be Half Moon on 15th Dec, I guess that just means they'll be landing on the Earth facing side, but just into the dark half - lunar night (they'll still need constant comms with Earth).
That way, the landing craft will be protected by the moon during the critical landing from solar particles etc (I'm guessing).
Then, in a few days the sun will have risen there, so they can get better happy snaps.

BigWave said:
Hey RJ.
Just a clarification for some readers, there is no "dark side" of the moon, (as was sung by Pink Floyd), just as there is no constant "dark side" of the Earth.
The moon has days and nights, however its is ~29.5 Earth days.
There is a far side of the moon (as the moon is Earth synchronous), but not a constant "dark side"
As it will be Half Moon on 15th Dec, I guess that just means they'll be landing on the Earth facing side, but just into the dark half - lunar night (they'll still need constant comms with Earth).
That way, the landing craft will be protected by the moon during the critical landing from solar particles etc (I'm guessing).
Then, in a few days the sun will have risen there, so they can get better happy snaps.

Thanks for that BW. :D

Everyday Astronaut will go live at 2.35 pm for the Rocketlab launch. I highly recommend watching his stream. He is enthusiastic and has lots of good information.

https://youtu.be/owz936Gp8OU

Latest posts