Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1543875567_47320470_964609560376074_7411517474329329664_o.jpg

They have got a bit of flank for willy nilly releasing those cube sats with-out a set orbit.... Any-how another successful launch and Landing... And a successful launch by the Russians yesterday to the ISS.... With an extra few up there now they may be able to get back on track... till next week when 3 return home for Xmas...

Spacex's next launch is bringing them Xmas Lunch and Presents.. :present: .. Fresh food.... Mmmmm :Y:

LW...

IT's been a busy few days in the space industry. The historic Falcon 9 launch a few days ago followed by the Soyuz 11 mission to take 3 astronauts to the ISS yesterday. This was the first manned Soyuz since that mishap on Soyuz ten.
This morning an Ariane 5 launched from French Guiana. Apparently there was some incident where they lost telemetry for a short time.I haven't read up on that yet as I'm on night shift.
Three videos to watch. First is the Soyuz, 2nd is the Ariane and the 3rd is a very nice update on recent events from Scot Manley. The info on the OSIRIS REx probe is very interesting. Scot is worth following for great news on all things space related. There is another video of the Soyuz launch from the rocket. I'll try find it and post it.

Don't forget the next Falcon 09 launch is at 5.16 am tomorrow NSW time. That's it for now,. I'm off to bed for another night shift.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/GMQrbmkM0OY[/video]

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/pfBh_zDnB1E[/video]

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/DUqEow3izhc[/video]

That Ariane 5 seems to have a bit of Grunt to it... All went good and sats deployed as planned... :Y:
Didn't watch the launch live, but I haven't heard of any issues as yet...

It has been a very busy month in Space, that sometimes it can be hard to keep up..... At least the Mice will be Happy with Fresh food... :perfect:

I read the other day that NASA is paying the Russians $70m per seat including Return trip to the ISS... No wonder they are keen to get Manned flights happening in the new year.... :eek:

LW.....

I missed the live launch of Ariane as well. That is change over time at work. Only good thing about night shift is I don't have to get up early for these launches. Hope to see the Falcon fly in the morning. 81 million was the figure I heard for a US astronaut to hitch a ride to the ISS.

Not cheap that's for sure.... Hope NASA got a refund on the failed launch... {)

And with a strained relationship with the Russians, things are getting a bit heated... I saw a NASA doco the other day that said they(NASA) Need to get these Crewed tests done so they can send their own up as the cost can't be done for much longer... Boeing and Spacex are Crew testing in Jan 2019, so shouldn't be too far away.... Fingers crossed...

2019 is going to be an Exciting Year for Space Exploration... Love the Night Launches... Some of the Photos that have been snapped are beyond Belief.... :eek:
1544007821_as-1.jpg

1544007880_drtfyzixcaa0ogd.jpg

LW.....

Some spectacular images for sure. Spacex DM1 mission was to ne Jan 7 but NASA says it will be pushed back. Spacex has all the pieces at yhe Cape. Just needs to be assembled and they are ready to go.

Another interesting developement is that Virgin Galactic say they are very close to sending passengers into space. They may beat both Soacex and Boeing to be the first private company to put humans in space even if it os "only" a sub orbital flight.

WHOA! Houston we have a problem. The falcon 9 launch went off well. The Dragon capsule is safely in orbit but.... the first stage was almost back down when something went wrong. It started spinning round and round. Ended up landing in the water. Still in good shape and transmitting data. A rescue ship is on the way. They will be some great footage and I'll post it when it's on youtube.

From Elon on twitter.....

1544036771_screenshot_20181206-060057.jpg

Ramjet said:
Richard Branson Says He's Going To Send People Into Space By Christmas

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/12/...going-to-send-people-into-space-by-christmas/

Yes but is He going to bring them back? {) At least he's trying I suppose.... :koala:

The Failed Landing of the Booster was very well controlled by all accounts and things went as well as expected using only 3 grid-fins... I got Dizzy watching the Booster land tho... Great camera view...

Elon Musk thinks by adding another hyd pump to the system that will prevent another mishap..... Good idea Elon, thought they would have had one already in place....

Great vids there Ramjet.... :Y:

At least the mice have fresh food now so they won't go on strike and refuse to power the ISS anymore... :playful:
And some very interesting Experiments on board this trip as well... Should benefit Mankind in the Future... O:)

Off the Earth-- For the earth...
LW.....

LoneWolf said:
Ramjet said:
Richard Branson Says He's Going To Send People Into Space By Christmas

https://www.gizmodo.com.au/2018/12/...going-to-send-people-into-space-by-christmas/

Yes but is He going to bring them back? {) At least he's trying I suppose.... :koala:

The Failed Landing of the Booster was very well controlled by all accounts and things went as well as expected using only 3 grid-fins... I got Dizzy watching the Booster land tho... Great camera view...

Elon Musk thinks by adding another hyd pump to the system that will prevent another mishap..... Good idea Elon, thought they would have had one already in place....

Great vids there Ramjet.... :Y:

At least the mice have fresh food now so they won't go on strike and refuse to power the ISS anymore... :playful:
And some very interesting Experiments on board this trip as well... Should benefit Mankind in the Future... O:)

Off the Earth-- For the earth...
LW.....

The Falcon 9 water landing is SO interesting. Many lessons will be learned. The reason it stopped spinning just before touch down is attributed to the landing legs deploying. Much like an ice dancer extending their arms to slow the spin.

I love the experiment from Budweiser among others. Learning to grow barley in space to be the first to produce beer in space. So cool.

Spacex CRS-16 live berthing to the ISS.
Something I learnt today. The term "docking" is when a space craft attaches itself to the ISS. "Berthing" is when it is physically helped to attach by the Canadarm. Both terms come from shipping. A ship that gets itself to the wharf is docking. A ship that is helped by tugboats is berthed. Cool. The current Dragon capsule takes supplies and science experiments to the ISS and is berthed. The Crew Dragon set for it's first flight in January will dock itself.

[video=480,360]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDJ6A-0jpkE[/video]

Latest posts