Rocket launches LIVE.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
Jaros said:
Our mate Elon has really got the space game buzzing these days.

So many amazing things about Elon. Yes I am a huge fan. One quote I saw today was... "It's Elon's world. The rest of us just live in it."

I just hope that he doesn't go bust in the process as that may stifle progress for a while.

Rob P.

Another successful Falcon 9 launch last night. One large satellite and 2 small test satellites for Musk's free internet constellation. They were going to attempt to recover a fairing but I haven't heard how it went.

This is an animation of the fairing recovery made in KSB, Kerbal Space Program. I have recently started using this app. Good fun launching rockets and you do learn a lot.

[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/I8TsdYxugn0[/video]

malri_au said:
no one see's the 7 billion debt.

you don't wanna know what I would/could do with 7 billion.

Musk and SpaceX, Tesla, Solar City, The Boring company, The battery factory.... All doing amazing things to help the planet and it's people. Loss of $$$$$ means little.
What he is doing with that 7 billion would be VERY hard to beat.

Over to you..... :D

Unfortunately I remember well the NSC development and crash in Victoria man years ago as I was living in Sale at that time. The whole massive expansion of the NSC by John Friedrich was all based debt and fake assets. This was a much smaller fraud of about a quarter of a billion $ and they did great things, but then it fell apart like a pack of cards and Friedrich killed himself.

I hope this doesn't happen to Musk, as it had a significant flow impact to the workers, etc from the area.

Rob P

i got one question,was bowie playing back actually recorded using a microphone and beamed back? coz that would kinda imply sound does travel in space.

missed opportunity?

A couple of new mission patches arrived today and a couple more on the way. :D

1519635792_20180226_164457.jpg

did the roadster die because of the van allen belt?

you would expect more play time out of that big battery.

got shield?

"the rocket's upper stage shortly after leaving Earth's atmosphere, the upper stage (and the car aboard it) will instead enter a six-hour 'coast' through the Van Allen radiation belts."

"The batteries were expected to broadcast for at least 12 hours, but they ended up dying after only 4 hours of transmission."

malri_au said:
did the roadster die because of the van allen belt?

you would expect more play time out of that big battery.

got shield?

The roadster was sent out as it was made in the factory. No plans were made to protect it or track it. There is however a web site created by fans to keep track of it.

http://www.whereisroadster.com/

A quote from that link re the radio playing. "Assuming the battery still works, Starman has listened to Space Oddity 5,325 times since launch in one ear, and to Is there Life On Mars? 7,175 times in the other ear."

Has anybody asked him how many starving biafrans he could have fed instead..... well.... that's what someone woulda said in the old days ]:D
Ahhhh space.... the final frontier !
It's so hard to look sideways when full throttle forwards is the go.... but then, even the poorest of us would throw in 20c to see us make space travel like a trip to the shops (I know I would). :Y: :p :lol:

silver said:
Has anybody asked him how many starving biafrans he could have fed instead..... well.... that's what someone woulda said in the old days ]:D
Ahhhh space.... the final frontier !
It's so hard to look sideways when full throttle forwards is the go.... but then, even the poorest of us would throw in 20c to see us make space travel like a trip to the shops (I know I would). :Y: :p :lol:

There have been many benefits to the population from the original space race. This new burst of enthusiasm will also contribute a lot to the general population.

I tried to watch it,frustrated me not knowing what was onscreen in the 5 part diagram,or wtf they where saying.

need translator. bah.

there was no launch?

malri_au said:
I tried to watch it,frustrated me not knowing what was onscreen in the 5 part diagram,or wtf they where saying.

need translator. bah.

there was no launch?

Yes it was a bit strange. The launch happened an hour or so later. I'll post a link when someone puts it on youtube.

Latest posts