Ramjet's Garrett At Pro finds

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very cool finds . Love that badge and the info you have discovered
Sounds like a site with real potential
Cant wait to see what other goodies come out ;)

Definetely a great looking site with a lot of promise. The influenza badge is nothing to sneeze at (sorry), but the RAAF badge is for sure your find of the day. Better get your half/full sovereign target ID's sorted for that site. ;)

Glad you are getting out for a detect and getting some interesting finds, don't know how you are putting up with the heat though, boy its muggy here, i won't be going until it cools down and the grasses are mowed :rolleyes:

Couldn't resist... went back for more. My wrist is killing now. Tried Rocket's coin patch but he didn't miss anything.Total coins $1. Best find is the old pushy bell.

1454312012_img_2016020147112.jpg

1454312039_img_2016020159758.jpg

1454312080_img_2016020125413.jpg

1454312102_images_38.jpg

Nearly thought that was a real gold coin sitting amongst those finds. :eek: The bell is something different, might be hard to clean the bell without losing the colour, is it enamelled? :)

Goldpick said:
Nearly thought that was a real gold coin sitting amongst those finds. :eek: The bell is something different, might be hard to clean the bell without losing the colour, is it enamelled? :)

Looking at the bottom pic it's brass coloured? Maybe it was plated and that's why it's gone green. If I clean it then it will be silver coloured. Look at the bottom of the pic of my bell... there is silver showing g through.

Bit like trying to clean up a pocket watch, the oxidation tends to flow over everything, including the silver parts. Might be a tooth pick job.

Did a little search on the button I found last hunt.

Moses, Levy & Co. were Merchants and Wholesale Clothiers (specializing in sailors work wear). The company was started as Henry Moses and Son and became Moses Levy & Co. when the son, Abraham Lyon Moses (1775-1854) went into business with Abraham Levy (1782-1848). So I guess this is early to mid-1800's.

1454463915_20160201_171334.jpg

Just got home from the fracture clinic. Small bone in my wrist is broken and I have snapped the end of my coccyx. It's almost completely detached from my spine. Nothing can be done but wait for it to heal. No detecting for a few weeks. 8.(

Latest posts