QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Davent and gef12, would the guitar amp (built in speaker, vol. control, amp) suit. I have used one on the sdc and the GPX with good results.

if u used it with those .. don't see why it wouldn't work with the QED
can only try n see

petere said:
Just when I had decided to order a Deteknix kit. Decisions decisions

Lot more expensive and also bulkier than the Deteknix @ $150 US but it's nice to have choices as much as they can create decisions :)

GypsyGoldAu said:
Leroy said:
Advent, did you consider Nenads (phase tech), detech wireless system, use any headphones and save $$. It works perfect for me on the GPX and the 2300. Is the plug compatible on the QED?

I have read these are limited when approaching power lines....(Finders)...ie; they pick up the emi well before the detectors do...

Gypsy

Just to confirm for those not members over there;...

[snip]..

"yellowfin wrote:
Doug,

Re: Deteknix WireFree WR Wireless Kit on your forum

Yes, the QED is compatable, using an adapter
We're using that very kit and I've reported on it here.

http://finders.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9362&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=555

However we have found that the Deteknix WireFree WR Wireless Kit was effected by High voltage
power lines (EMI) way before the QED or the 5000 were.

Within 50 meters of these same lines, the QED and the 5000 became un usable.

YF
[snip]

Seems still a likely set up if your more 'isolated'...just clarifying that i wasn't saying they are no good at all....just near power lines as others have experienced it. ;) :cool:

GGA

think MOST wireless sets would do if in close proximity of power lines especially if on damp , foggy, wet days with dirty insulators ..
as per my previous post
just saying

gef12 said:
think MOST wireless sets would do if in close proximity of power lines especially if on damp , foggy, wet days with dirty insulators ..
as per my previous post
just saying

I'm not into all the nitty gritty, but i hear there are wireless, and there are 'wireless' these days (never used em myself), with one certain platform or another being much better than the previous version???? (apparently a 'recent' innovation)...but i do stand to be educated otherwise. :)

GGA

Gef12..yeah, i imagine i read it on the Finders QED thread. But at 50+ pages now, i wasn't going looking for it...sorry for the lack of detail. If i come across it again i will post it on here, if someone in the know doesn't come forward. :8

old hand said:
ridge runner did you speak to GSA the website may be getting updated

I had no need to because all I am saying is that all Links are removed for the benefit of those who have a direct interest in this machine, As for the details about it that is something that they need to look in to,

There has been many mixed reports but that is all they are, So as to what or why the machine is missing from the product list is between GS and QED.

As for being updated, every other product is still listed so as to what is going on is any ones Guess

John.

Well I hope they get it together, but you can bank on ML have a reply/Mod for the SDC, They are always 2 steps ahead of the rest, but when comparisons are done they should be done with matching coils in order for such testing to be honest and just,

A lot of SDC user's here have skills much above those who just grab a couple of machines and wave a couple of coils over the ground, So I would not put money against any skilled ML user,

John.

My bad, I should not have mentioned the sdc.
Remember folks, the sdc is a great detector and the QED is totally different to a minelab detector.
The QED is a game changer in the electronics world.
It's the way it's been developed that sets it apart.

Mod Edit.
I know we like our different machines and
an opinion is appreciated but please be careful
and justifiable in what you say.

Latest posts