QED

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for putting the clip up mate. Just put my order in......waiting be-gin!

There are bound to be some negatives, there is with any piece of equipment, it dosnt have an auto ground balance could be seen as a negative. The audio could be seen as a negative by some but not by others.
In all, its priced very well, can see targets at great depths once tuned correctly, handles hot ground very well, handles EMI better than most detectors.
For the price, and on limited information, I would say it has a LOT more going for it than most detectors.

Yeah fair comment . I looked on the suppliers site but it's not up yet , and have not been able to read the specifics of the detector and compare it to a 5000 or a zed

I guess we will start finding out soon enough . Knowing what you know about detectors Davent, where would you rank it amongst the better detectors ?

Dan

I wont rank it anywhere yet, not untill Ive used one. I have one on order.

I have a 4500,used to have a TDI pro Oz and an MXT and , and I know and detect with 3 blokes who really do quite well with Zeds, infact, they do do really well with Zeds. I know another bloke who gets a lot of small gold with SDC,s, but he works very hard for it, and is a bit of a fisherman.....tall tales.

I think the reason the Zeds do well where i go is their ability to handle the hot ground a lot better than the GPX,s, same goes for the SDC. the 4500,s and 5000,s also do very well in most of the areas I go, but there are some where its really hard to get a good ground balance, and the ground noise makes it almost impossible to hear faint targets. Same with EMI,or spherics? it can be really bad in places.

Really experienced prospectors who really know the GPX,s will get way better results than me, and they might argue that I just don't know my machine well enough yet, and they might be right. But it also seems, that you don't need to be a rocket scientist to tune the QED either.

Im hopeing, and it looks promising that the QED will work pretty well in these areas.
There is one bloke in my area who has a QED, and he seems pretty impressed by it. He has been detecting for a long time, and is a bit of an electronics wiz.

I am by no means an experienced operator either, so Im baseing my knowledge just from what I know ,have witnessed myself and read on forums like this.

Thanks Davent for your input and sharing your knowledge . In the hopes of not being a pain, is there a site apart from forums where you can read the specifics of the detector . Also I heard its in the 2 k range which makes it affordable .

Kind regards

Danny13...you can also save a few $$$ and just buy the control box for $1200.00 and use shafts/stems you already have on hand.

By your signature, you already have good gear (and muuuch better than many here started with i might say), so just get out there and make the most of what you have, learn your machine and the results will follow.....

The finds can pay for the next one, if/when it reveals to be something you "need". No point having two detectors that do the same thing after all eh?...

I'm interested to see the things we aren't being told.....like, eg; supposed better grnd bal.,...at what depth/limiting cost if any?
Not so much 'faults', just the other side of the issue...and we wont know that until it has had time on the market & in the goldfields...

It would also be interesting to read from users who ONLY 'treasure hunt' (no native gold hunt) and how the qed goes...(remember, no discrimination) wondering if 'bias' response or tones can be effectively used for that purpose??? Some say they know what gold sounds like...can they do the same with this unit?...and further, discriminate 'other' metals just by audio hints???

From the info. to date, it appears to be capable, but so are many others...and the evidence is there for all to see. We haven't seen much yet from this unit. (Just saying...).

I'm inclined to wait a little longer and see what field results are produced...test site reviews are only indicative of a units capability (once tuned to that grnd and those targets...in the field you may be running different settings and get different results unaware your settings are wrong for that ground), and the real value of it, will be from hard to work areas with emi, hades hot ground, and i think most importantly, just how it performs on 'open ground' (ie; not Private Property) that we, the majority of operators, are routinely walking on.

eg;..you & mate go to test site....mate hears ALL targets easy with any settings on his unit,.....and you need to 'tune' yours to get them...how's that gonna work for you in the field?....it may be tuned to get the target, but totally unusable where your hunting for targets.

Should it reveal targets on the regular workings most go to, that they know they tried everything on a certain area without success, and then find more gold on that abandoned ground with the QED....well, that would make folks listen a lot more imo. So far i am yet to read/hear of any 8) :eek: WOW!!! gold being revealed, from any of the tested areas, or from the now, new owners.

After 10 years development & testing, variations of the theme, and now on the market....where are the "finds"?? (10 years and not even a single decent weight "missed" by others/tripped over being paraded?????) How 'much' better, is an emi proof, hot ground handler, if the end result is no more gold???

If you don't work high emi, or extremely hot ground all the time....then you are back to what you already have imo. Like computers, we now 'pay' for shite we don't use/make the most of...false economics right there.

What does that tell you?....

For me,....it's wait and see...meanwhile i'm off to find some gold with my trusty 4K... ;)

Gypsy

Latest posts