Prospectors Ages

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys I turn 30 next year got my first detector off dad about 5, an old B I. Probley still in the treehouse! Iv grown up now and have had many detectors over the last few years. Going part time next year to get a bit more serious' as fitting truck and tractor tyres has flogged what's left of my knees and hands. I'm interested in most things but I like the look of gold most. Might see some of you in the field!

26 - 10month old son and another on the way. It's what you fill your days with that really shapes you, as you see from our great land, time is limitless.

"The beauty of the sunsets are a constant delight, I felt that nature had let me intrude." Kev Carmody

Sorry loamer but you haven't been to Smith st for some time there's a rather big hole where Coles was if I'm correct! still that's progress. On the up side there are some great little cafes in Smith St :)

I'm 64 years young
Forced retirement due to health caused by service in Vietnam, now DVA TPI member but still get around just a little bit slower

deepblue said:
Sorry loamer but you haven't been to Smith st for some time there's a rather big hole where Coles was if I'm correct! still that's progress. On the up side there are some great little cafes in Smith St :)

I shed a tear over that. 'pies boy born and bred. Is the Mag Pies bakery-shop still on Smith St? Have not been back in ages - went there after the 2011 GF debacle. It is true about gold mines in Collingwood by the way. The Collingwood Gold Mining Co were still in operation in 1865. They looked through to Clifton Hill, Preston, Richmond.

Im 33 and my partner is 32, both only been detecting for a few months and go out about 2-3 times a week, found many cool things and wish we could do it full time lol :D

35 here, got my first panning set for my birthday last year and have loved every moment using it.

74 been prospecting since 1979 found good gold when dredging was legal now have a bad back but still get out when i can love the hobby and the bush i do a bit of detecting and paning you could say iam an old timer but i dont care

Happy to say 59 last Saturday. Happy because I had a new heart valve last November and I feel like a 40 year old, yahoo!
Had two days last week on a crow bar and felt good. Now to get that AT Gold to work.
Cheers
Mackka

36 and been prospecting full time since I was 16, cant say anymore in fear of being called a "show off"....

Latest posts