Not so new newby .....

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and girls,

I have been member of this forum now since 2016 and been reading on and off without participating in discussions or even having any equipment.

Now that I am "happily divorced", I am thinking of getting into this hobby without anyone holding me back.

Currently I am looking into used detectors and when I finally get one, I hope to meet some like minded people up here in the Northern Territory.
I do wish I lived in Victoria as I love hiking and would really enjoy the old gold fields there, but the weather is just better up here ;-)

Happy prospecting to you all and hope to meet ssome of you around.

Cheers

Tim

Welcome Tim,

It's a very rewarding (but challenging) hobby!

If you're ever down Victoria way, yell out - I can show you a few spots and have some gear you can use.

There seems to be a reasonable amount of secondhand equipment floating around at the moment. Hopefully you can score a bargain.

Some good entry-level machines to keep an eye out for would be the Gold Monster 1000, SDC2300, and the GPX4500/5000. The SDC is the easiest to operate, I believe, but like the GM1000, it's best for small and shallow gold.

Good luck!

Latest posts