Prospectors Ages

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all, I'm 23 years, conceived at lightning ridge and grew up around gold, it was inevitable i end up prospecting right?! I chase gems and love seeing that blue shine back at me from my sieves. No kids, unless you count the ones with fur, feathers, hooves, and scales. The hunt for treasure is in my blood, Some parents give their kids family heirlooms, my mum gave me her jar of rough and half cut opals. :D

We are 43 and 48, been thinking about prospecting for a few years and finally got some gear. I have been pensioned of by the Army and the wife and I are heading off on boxing day for a 12 month tour of this great country.

We are hoping to spend plenty of time checking out the goldfields and maybe even find some. Fingers crossed.

45. Self-employed.

2nd year prospecting.

Getting better at it. Highbanking mainly. I use Trove a lot and the waypoints to try new areas.

I provide maps to all my digging spots to share as it would take a 1000 years of amateur prospecting to clear the spots I venture to. It's nice to have company.
(Wee Jasper, Bendoc, Yambulla) The hard bit is the digging..

Will be working the Snowy's Area soon.

Over the Christmas I'm usually in Tasmania. Prospecting the Tasmanian goldfields Eg., Lisle but I will be having a crack at gold panning on the beach. My Highbanker stays in the mainland. I hope to find a nugget this summer in Tas. Have a Goldbug II.

My work has me working with farmers on a daily basis across the country.

I'm 56 retired started fossicking when I was 6 panning and longtoming in the Adelong creek
with my grandfather,no high bankers around then..... 8)
Cheers GR....

I'm 37 got 3 children new to prospecting looking at purchasing a detector after learning more it's good to see a wide spread of ages in this forum

Gooday Fellas, Eighty last month, missus and I still swing......detectors! Moved plenty of rocks in the days past, worked on the Snowy Mountain scheme in the tunnel at Island Bend, Manapouri tail race tunnel in NZ, Been detecting since 1990, coining until I got a ML 2000 in 1995, found a bit of gold and plenty of junk, it's all treasure, mad Collingwood supporter (aren't we all?) got a dog and a Landcruiser so all things considered I reckon I've got the game sewn up.

Best of luck, Hotrocks

Hotrocks said:
Gooday Fellas, Eighty last month, missus and I still swing......detectors! Moved plenty of rocks in the days past, worked on the Snowy Mountain scheme in the tunnel at Island Bend, Manapouri tail race tunnel in NZ, Been detecting since 1990, coining until I got a ML 2000 in 1995, found a bit of gold and plenty of junk, it's all treasure, mad Collingwood supporter (aren't we all?) got a dog and a Landcruiser so all things considered I reckon I've got the game sewn up.

Best of luck, Hotrocks

Hotrocks - I think that makes two 'pies supporters - you and me. Good luck to you.

Just turned 58 on Tue......26 years looking for the yellow.......just paying off now.
get away twice per month for 3 day trips.
won't be long before I am only home for 3 days per month.
cheers
TheSmithy

Thanks Gav
The only ones that remembered were the computer bots.......heaps of them.

old mum 89 years old.........is there anything you forgot today...answer......no I even remembered to clean my false teeth.......no further enquiries were required.
Don't you just love them.

I'm 56 and winding back the work hours to do more prospecting - I have a lot of catching up to do to get into the same league as some on the forum.

Cheers,

Martin

They are priceless Brian, my mum will be 89 in Jan, so I know exactly what you are saying lol

Hotrocks said:

Best of luck, Hotrocks

What's Collingwood????

What's Collingwood? It's a famous gold producing (yes - it really did have goldmines) area in Melbourne - famous for fine dining and witty company. Drop by one day and park near the beautiful high rise apartments especially with NSW number-plates. Don't forget to call Rugby and Soccer 'football' - I'm sure you will be met with a loving embrace. For a nice time ensure you catch late night trains and get off at Collingwood Station or Victoria Park. For fun with the kiddies, try crossing Hoddle Street at peak hour - for an even better time, walk up Smith St after dark and look at the first Coles Store ever opened. After visiting the highlights of Collingwood - ensure you tell you friends -we are always happy to see new folk at any time.

Latest posts