Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gold.Fever-Brotherly.Love.and.Nuggets.
Gold.Fever-Fellowship.of.the.Prospector. These are both on line now :)

Happy Easter and enjoy :)

Found another couple of shows to keep an eye out for.

Dig Wars: American relic hunters. This may be on for the detectorists.
Episodes available at the usual places ;)
I haven't seen any of this one yet, still downloading.

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/dig-wars

Gold Town: This one is about Kalgoorlie. Be good to see some Aussie content.
First episode not shown until 3rd May.

http://natgeotv.com.au/tv/gold-town/

On another note.Todd Hoffman is heading North for another season of Gold Rush.

Thanks Rod, Gold Town looks very interesting, it will be nice to hear some accents that I can understand whilst not being totally sober for a change. Will look forward to that one. (Hey I don't mean that I am not usually sober.... ummm no I don't mean that at all, lol.)

Cheers
Bernadette

Can't wait till the start of the new season of Gold Rush. :)

It's probably a good thing Todd Hoffman is going north for the season, if he came to Australia to film the RSPCA would have him arrested on site for cruelty to animals..... for the amount of times he has completely "screwed the pooch" :lol: ;)

That gold town has been shown before, back in Feb.
As when I first came to moranbah with the missus then we stayed in a hotel and I watched it on repeat a few tines.
Is a good watch, follows a skimpy, a trainee haul truck driver and a home grown prospector like us.
Was only the 1 episode though.

I reckon they are all a bit over the top to be honest. The old fella on Gold Rush is the best. Grand Pa Snovell? Parkers grandpa. :cool:

Goldrush Is my favourite. But also like bearing sea gold. About all I watch can't wait to see how Kahoon creek turns out for Fred

BrisJoe said:
That gold town has been shown before, back in Feb.
As when I first came to moranbah with the missus then we stayed in a hotel and I watched it on repeat a few tines.
Is a good watch, follows a skimpy, a trainee haul truck driver and a home grown prospector like us.
Was only the 1 episode though.

I think you are right BrisJoe, it is available on the Bay under National Geographic: Gold Town - Australian Outback.
Worth a look anyway.

Came across a show called Ghost town Gold, but it seems to be more in the style of American Pickers, just looking
in old mining town locations. Might hold a bit of interest.

Cheers
Bernadette

Deadliest Catch. Ep 1 of Season 10 is now up for those who are interested. It should be interesting this season as I understand Sig Hansen's 18 year old daughter is joining the fleet, hopefully they won't subject her to the shocking ritual usually imposed on women aboard fishing boats in the name of superstition. While the gold shows are dissipating at this time of year, DC helps fill a bit of the gap.

Balx said:
Ice Cold Gold is the worst show of them all, They never find anything and just walk around to scary music on the lookout for falling rocks. One episode they saw an eagle and made out they had to keep on eye on it just in case it attacked them. That ended it for me.

:lol: :lol:

20xwater said:
Balx said:
Ice Cold Gold is the worst show of them all, They never find anything and just walk around to scary music on the lookout for falling rocks. One episode they saw an eagle and made out they had to keep on eye on it just in case it attacked them. That ended it for me.

:lol: :lol:

It seems every one of them wants to be the boss. The ponytail guy, can't remember his name. Throws more tantrums them a 2 year old.

All blame each other for every problem.

They sure did and isn't it shockingly frustrating they don't tell us the $ value. I keep hoping and in spite of the bad acting and John's apparent bad temper I can't wait for the next fabricated installment. They all play to the camera and so much head bobbing and hand waving tends to give it away but it is still entertaining and the location is so breathtaking, beats the other locations hands down. Don't you reckon those rubies tend to look a bit like jellybeans gone wrong though?

Ramjet said:
Found another couple of shows to keep an eye out for.

Dig Wars: American relic hunters. This may be on for the detectorists.
Episodes available at the usual places ;)
I haven't seen any of this one yet, still downloading.

http://www.travelchannel.com/tv-shows/dig-wars.

I watched all six episodes of this the other day. I personally liked it, but reading the comments I know others didnt like it so much.

I liked fact there is three teams of two. More people and personalities is always good I think. It's a good mix of people too. Others might feel differently, but none of the people rubbed me the wrong way.
I liked the friendly competition side of it. Added a little something extra.

Other than that it was a fairly standard dig show...which means it's good if you ask me so id recommend it.

Thanks Goldagettin, that was a bumper episode. I think there is another episode "Ice Cold Gold: After the Thaw" due to
screen around 5pm today our time. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to record and post that for us. One to look
out for anyway.

Bernsey said:
Thanks Goldagettin, that was a bumper episode. I think there is another episode "Ice Cold Gold: After the Thaw" due to
screen around 5pm today our time. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to record and post that for us. One to look
out for anyway.

Yeah, interesting episode. How was Erics outburst...crikey.

It's funny. At the beginning of season one my least favourite two we're Americo and Gator. Now season two is done with, they're now the two fusion like the most.

And thank goodness there is another ep... we've hardly even seen those rubies and now they're locked away until next season? Cmon now..

"Yeah, interesting episode. How was Erics outburst...crikey.

It's funny. At the beginning of season one my least favourite two we're Americo and Gator. Now season two is done with, they're now the two fusion like the most.

And thank goodness there is another ep... we've hardly even seen those rubies and now they're locked away until next season? Cmon now"

Strength in numbers, Americo and Gator have joined forces, the brothers are natural allies, Eric is on his tod and feeling the pressure, he did not like the criticism from Americo for the failed sapphire expedition, unfairly I thought, if it was that easy to find they wouldn't still be in the ground.

Just as at the end of season 1 we were not told about the value of the rubies, the same has happened again and I somehow doubt we will ever find out. If you
were digging a patch and pulling out the red stuff would you want the world to know the $ value? Mind you, if I was digging good stuff up there I wouldn't be
taking a camera crew along anyway and carrying them around in cloth bags?? What was that about, wow it just screamed I have got good stuff come and get it.

I felt that although the criticism from Americo and Gator wasn't necessary, but it was understandable...ie. The whole "nearing the end, we're all tired and frustrated" thing, so some snappyness is to be expected. But Erics reaction just overstepped the line.

Americo and Gator, imo, are the two that have the most right to be on their high horse anyway as they're the only two that haven't really buggered up. I liked Josh a lot too, but his buck passing with the dredge fiasco didn't sit well with me.

Yea I don't necessarily want to know the value of the lot, just want to have a decent look at a few of the rubies, yknow. If they weren't good quality they wouldn't be back there so we can assume they're decent rubies with a potentially high dollar value, so showing off a few wouldn't make a difference...

Entertaining show though. :D

Latest posts