Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you take the show too seriously you will find faults everywhere but you need to remember it is a scripted reality TV show, not a documentary. The scenarios are not real, they are staged and as most of the characters are real people, not actors, the show can come across as portraying real events. If you watch it and enjoy it for what it is you will enjoy it more.

golddiggerart said:
Hmmmm What happened to the reef that Vernon found at the end of season 1? Is he still getting all the paper work sorted out for it? Oops or did I spoil the season by mentioning it?

Funny you should say that,I said the same the other night as well :/

Yep,he said now it is mining,cover it up because we need other paper work.

It does make you wonder about the whole show,well me anyway 8)

Time will tell :|

Magilla said:
If you take the show too seriously you will find faults everywhere but you need to remember it is a scripted reality TV show, not a documentary. The scenarios are not real, they are staged and as most of the characters are real people, not actors, the show can come across as portraying real events. If you watch it and enjoy it for what it is you will enjoy it more.

I reckon you are pretty right Magilla. Its just like Summer Bay. A story line with a bit of gold thrown in. With crook Dads in Qld (hope hes ok) and lease drama gone wrong with staged phone calls and reactions its just a bit of fun. I like it as a tongue in cheek story about how bloody hard it would be to actually make a living from looking for gold. Most of those with leases that dig for a living would shoot you soon as look at you without putting their hand up to be filmed on Television !!!!!!!
Ill be watching episode 3 for sure.

GT :)

Oh come on you lot of nitpickers. :lol: :lol: :lol:
How the bloody hell are our American Folks able
to understand the hardships we have here without
endangering the integrity of our desert miners without
a bit of drama. ;)

To me what is shown in these show's is what the people
want to show, Not exactly what is really found and take
into consideration on what would happen like a member
we have at the moment that is sitting on a freaking
multi billion find.

Mining in water is one thing but mining in dust is another.
And we in Ozzie land are rather good at it. :Y: :Y: :Y: :Y:

The situation the gold gypsies got in with the lease agreement on that land reminds of Bearing Sea Gold. Specifically when the Kelly brothers sold off their crappy lease to a bloke down south. I remember the guy from down south saying it was his life savings and this was his dream or something or rather. But Dad Kelly jacked up the price and spun him all this crap and the guy bought straight into it. The Kelly Dad knew exactly what he was doing and that the bloke wasn't going to find anything out there. It wasn't good to see.

That being said, I dunno if the lease holder knew what sort of equipment the gypsies had and couldn't get down to the gold. And the gypsies certainly didn't know what the ground was like.

Personally, I like all the different story threads in the show. It's interesting to see how different people go about this as a way life.

And yeah, I get it is a reality show. But at least it ain't the Kardashians.

so those guys in devils canyon with the amount of trees they cut down could make more money selling fire wood than they could make finding gold :lol:

Devils Canyon is starting to look more like a show about 'how to get through a day in the wilderness while bitching heaps' rather than a gold hunting show. These dudes only went into the Canyon to find gold but most of the show is about anything other than gold prospecting.

And bloody hell, the guy who is an ex Marine whinges heaps..wonder if he whined like a spoiled brat while on deployment. The one I like is the older fellow..at least he knows what he is doing and is getting some good gold..the other two are just whingers. :)

MikeB05 said:
Devils Canyon is starting to look more like a show about 'how to get through a day in the wilderness while bitching heaps' rather than a gold hunting show. These dudes only went into the Canyon to find gold but most of the show is about anything other than gold prospecting.

And bloody hell, the guy who is an ex Marine whinges heaps..wonder if he whined like a spoiled brat while on deployment. The one I like is the older fellow..at least he knows what he is doing and is getting some good gold..the other two are just whingers. :)

Agreed Mike. Much more living and drama then gold prospecting. :/

brendomac said:
The situation the gold gypsies got in with the lease agreement on that land reminds of Bearing Sea Gold. Specifically when the Kelly brothers sold off their crappy lease to a bloke down south. I remember the guy from down south saying it was his life savings and this was his dream or something or rather. But Dad Kelly jacked up the price and spun him all this crap and the guy bought straight into it. The Kelly Dad knew exactly what he was doing and that the bloke wasn't going to find anything out there. It wasn't good to see.

That being said, I dunno if the lease holder knew what sort of equipment the gypsies had and couldn't get down to the gold. And the gypsies certainly didn't know what the ground was like.

Personally, I like all the different story threads in the show. It's interesting to see how different people go about this as a way life.

Really BM

Who digs a hole without detecting it
Who buys a car, sight unseen (I suppose we have all done that)

Blondie had it right, go and have a look!! But old stubborn pants said NO!!! (reminds me of looking in the mirror - being stubborn)

Remember the dry blower they bought - sight unseen, that really worked out well - notice how it's gone, he had to have it - ya think they'd have learnt a valuable lesson then, but no!!!

As for the lease holder - well!!

I like these two, I am jealous though, cause they are doing it and I'm not.....bugger!!!

;) ;) ]:D :cool:

Bazz said:
brendomac said:

Really BM

Who digs a hole without detecting it
Who buys a car, sight unseen (I suppose we have all done that)

Blondie had it right, go and have a look!! But old stubborn pants said NO!!! (reminds me of looking in the mirror - being stubborn)

Remember the dry blower they bought - sight unseen, that really worked out well - notice how it's gone, he had to have it - ya think they'd have learnt a valuable lesson then, but no!!!

As for the lease holder - well!!

I like these two, I am jealous though, cause they are doing it and I'm not.....bugger!!!

;) ;) ]:D :cool:

That they are still out there having ago and failing makes me think I'd do OK out there (thinking about it) not to mention how fast and how far off the ground some of the people on the show swing their dectectors.

Devils Canyon seems to more about the Canyon and surviving it rather than gold. The old fella, John, seems to be more clued up on where to dig and he gets some nice gold. The other two seem to spend all their effort on crossing creeks or hunting for food. I will persist watching but it's less of a story about gold than about three blokes surviving some pre-winter hardships. :)

Aussie Gold Hunters seemed to have fixed the sound lastnight which was appreciated :Y:

I want to write more but I can't remember,seemed it didn't make enough impact on me.

I do remember that the lone ranger in his Ford Transit van found some good yellow,but I think it was a bit of a gee up with the local mechanic to be honest :/

Anyway I will watch again it next week I suppose.

Being the only review about lastnight makes me wonder that the show is not making an impact on members here on the biggest forum in Australia,so maybe making anymore series is throwing good money after bad,just saying :|

Time will tell :)

I am enjoying Aussie Gold Hunters and can put up with the 'reality' being staged for viewing purposes.

Having said that, I was quite interested in the posts (a few back) that talked about the weight and value of gold compared to bullion. As a newcomer, I am still trying to find gold as opposed to working out its value.

So from the comments I am guessing that raw gold by weight is worth much less than smelted gold (makes sense).

Not sure I have worked out the impact of 'carats' other than they make you see better (so my mum said!). :)

Latest posts