Prospecting / Gold Related TV Shows.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did you find that out Chewy, didn't hear them say it in the last ep, or if they did I must of missed it.
will be a pitty to see that one go, it was one of the better ones

On another note, sat down and watched devils canyon last night.
now that is looking like being a good show.
as long as they don't edit the crap out of it and make it a drama

I just did a search through "Kodi" And found these
1/ Yukon Gold series 1 to 5
2/ Gold Rush series 1 to 7
3/Klondike series 1
4/ Coldest Race on Earth series 1
5/ The Alaskans series 1
6/ The Detectorists series 1 and 2
7/ Bering Sea Gold series 1 and 2
All free to watch

I've been in touch with the producers of Yukon Gold aabout my trip next year to the Yukon. While at it I asked if the show is cancelled (never doubted the advice from other PA members)...just checked to confirm.
Their response below:

1497337478_yukon_gold.jpg
We're afraid it is true, Mike.
Yukon Gold has been formally cancelled and is no longer in production. We had a great run while it lasted!

It was a great show...but the new one Devils Canyon, looks very good and more like the prospecting many of us do.Lug your gear in and out and do it with the basics. :)

Just watched the first two episodes of Devil's Canyon. Quite enjoyable on a number of counts. Shorts for episode 3 show some very tasty gold.

I just wonder how realistic it is, in terms of the premise that each prospector is out in the wilderness by themselves. While it is edited as if the individual prospectors are filming themselves, I reckon each probably had a crew of some kind.

DrDuck said:
Just watched the first two episodes of Devil's Canyon. Quite enjoyable on a number of counts. Shorts for episode 3 show some very tasty gold.

I just wonder how realistic it is, in terms of the premise that each prospector is out in the wilderness by themselves. While it is edited as if the individual prospectors are filming themselves, I reckon each probably had a crew of some kind.

I have seen episode 3. Definitely some tasty looking gold. I think more Aussie can relate to this show than the others. No heavy machinery, just guys working with shovels, pans and high bankers.

They do seem to have various go pros and video cams, that they carry in.

These use SD cards for storage and a small solar panel will charge the batteries. I believe they are on their own as some of the camera work is a bit sus.

Also they whine a bit about not having enough time to dig and exist against the elements (hunt for their food etc) so setting up their cameras would not help their time spent on panning.

Still, I like this show and agree with Ramjet that it is more like the prospecting we do...absent all the big machinery. Biggest bit of gear is one of the guys who lugged in a highbanker and pump etc.

Definitely worth a watch :)

MikeB05 said:
They do seem to have various go pros and video cams, that they carry in.

These use SD cards for storage and a small solar panel will charge the batteries. I believe they are on their own as some of the camera work is a bit sus.

Also they whine a bit about not having enough time to dig and exist against the elements (hunt for their food etc) so setting up their cameras would not help their time spent on panning.

Still, I like this show and agree with Ramjet that it is more like the prospecting we do...absent all the big machinery. Biggest bit of gear is one of the guys who lugged in a highbanker and pump etc.

Definitely worth a watch :)

I like that they are filming themselves. Less chance of having a producer ask the to re shoot a scene or some other fake crap. I do wonder about the batteries for cameras. They are not light and you would need a few for each cam.

Latest posts