Prospect for Bitcoins

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright totally out there have no idea at all - that is as honest as can be - make your own mind on this one and all others please -

Just looking under the bonnet of some things regarding the trading of other Crypto's and there are a lot? I suppose you get a lot that do nothing and some that do ok. They need a point of difference or something that has a use.

I have clicked a pop up (yes I know) with a free pre-release of Ad Cash and they are giving 100 free coins for signup. So anyone that is interested head over and jump on. You need to sign up (yes I know) you can select what you want here.

This is the link for the free 100 (yes this is my referral)

Why take a risk.

1. Seeing it is totally ad based (yes I know, encouraging it) that is a large market in itself.
2. Promoted as a pushing for the currency when trading of ad space rather than a variety of mixed crypto's (still bitcoin trade able),(though worthless atm)
3. Etheruem based - This is the kicker for me. Etheruem has the potential to be huge. I am going long here and initial technologies that embrace it.
4. Commodity based and trade able once open to market.
5. Long shot to be worth a good return

Saying the above, it may just be an ad scam. Have a look and if you are like me then have a go. If not please don't hate the player, hate the game :)

Aus

P.S Also posted on other site for total disclosure.

I'm not sure I really like that link Westaus and I'm pretty sure the other mods might not be that keen on it being here either. We have to be pretty careful what we allow on here. :|

Sorry :( and certainly no issues with me I knew it was a little risky and hence as much warning as possible.

I will not ad anything further to external links from other sources on this site. If people are interested they can see from the site I have setup and make a decision from there. Hope that is OK and accept my apologies. I know where the line is now and I crossed it...

Cheers

WA

Prospecting for Bitcoins.

I just want to point out that if you bought bitcoin on the 30th March 2017 when this thread was started, less than a fortnight ago and sold it today, YOU would be up 17%.

That's 17% in less than 2 weeks. What has property gone up by? What interest rate does your bank give you?

30th March 2017 the BTC price was 1,384.07

11th April 2017 the BTC price is $1,618.30

:Y: :) :eek: :p :D

It has gone up a lot. I'm going to buy some right now. That way the price is guaranteed to drop by 30% and all of you nice folk can buy at the bottom!

diggit said:
Prospecting for Bitcoins.

I just want to point out that if you bought bitcoin on the 30th March 2017 when this thread was started, less than a fortnight ago and sold it today, YOU would be up 17%.

That's 17% in less than 2 weeks. What has property gone up by? What interest rate does your bank give you?

30th March 2017 the BTC price was 1,384.07

11th April 2017 the BTC price is $1,618.30

:Y: :) :eek: :p :D

It has gone up a lot. I'm going to buy some right now. That way the price is guaranteed to drop by 30% and all of you nice folk can buy at the bottom!

Funny you mention that, one of my indicators is the WIIDFA (widfa) What if I did F*** all! At the moment that is miles ahead. Not even taking into account the money lost on scams and ponzis :( Then I am crying...

However having done that I now am not even tempted by any of them. Use Satoshi for slow build. Invest extra into account when possible. Trade alt coins as a small part of portfolio, keeps me interested and a bit of fun for the moment plus I am actually invested now in this area.

Bitcoin (is the gold)
Holding/Trading -
Ether
Dash
Doge
Golem
Game

Adcash (Free x 100)

List on my website has updated paying Faucets and also will be some updates on the Genesis mining. Take care all :rainbow:

diggit said:
Bitcoin price over US $1,700 now...my next target is US $2,100 :Y:

Yes there is a lot of movement.

Lets see if it hits the $2,100 target I think it will and that will also cause a lot of news in the media bringing in new investment. The market cap has grown a lot since the start of the year something like $20bn+ been added into the pool.

Currently using the initial mined funds and some extra in Alt coins. So far so good, have recovered some lost costs in my initial ventures. Also have a clearer idea of the market and what it is doing. Hopefully those that did get involved are starting to show some growth as well. I still work about 8 faucets that add a few cents here and there.

Westaus said:
diggit said:
Bitcoin price over US $1,700 now...my next target is US $2,100 :Y:

Yes there is a lot of movement.

Lets see if it hits the $2,100 target I think it will and that will also cause a lot of news in the media bringing in new investment. The market cap has grown a lot since the start of the year something like $20bn+ been added into the pool.

Currently using the initial mined funds and some extra in Alt coins. So far so good, have recovered some lost costs in my initial ventures. Also have a clearer idea of the market and what it is doing. Hopefully those that did get involved are starting to show some growth as well. I still work about 8 faucets that add a few cents here and there.

Good times. Hedge funds are piling in left and right. When/if mass adoption happens the price will be really bananas. Also when/if it crashes there will be many unhappy folk. In that sense it's just like anything else. Ups and downs. Timing is key.

The price of Etherium has rocketed up as well. As always timing is definitely key, a good dose of luck too. Geez and people thought the housing market was a bubble waiting to burst, it's got nothing on these crypto's..... :lol:

Heatho said:
The price of Etherium has rocketed up as well. As always timing is definitely key, a good dose of luck too. Geez and people thought the housing market was a bubble waiting to burst, it's got nothing on these crypto's..... :lol:

It is not even close to a Bubble yet, but wait it will be. On the weekend it went crazy. Had I sold my up stock I would have made a tidy profit. I am still ahead but it has dropped back. That I am also in for the long run. So no panic selling.

For those that have a few extra funds have a look at the Crypto Exchanges and Alt coins, there is more risk but certainly more reward as well.

I missed the boat on Lite Coin but have made gains in many others. Lite Coin is still potentially a good buy and will segwit this month to improve processes etc... This should also create an increase.

What I have done is created a little reference about the coin and what platform it uses, what does it actually do etc... You can see a lot more now using Ethereum based than the traditional Bitcoin blockchain. You see everyone from cloud storage, game credits and even Pot coins. Yes for buying that in the US. Plus everything is interchangeable against Bitcoin. Think of Bitcoin as the US$ everything else is pegged against this.

If anyone had any doubt about what sort of money is coming into the market look at this release, it is predication based (whatever that is) $12.5M in 15 minutes sold out. Sold at around $30US it is currently trading at $100US not bad for a few weeks investing if you were lucky enough to get them. Search GNOSIS release.

Keep mining and prospecting and watch the potholes.

Crypto is not even in a bubble yet. Most people are not au fait with blockchain technology, let alone participating in the crypto space. The real driver of any future 'bubble' will be mass adoption by joe public. It's only a matter of time.

Using FIAT currency joe public is, usually unbeknownst to him or herself, getting absolutely fleeced by central bankers. EVERY dollar he or she holds is owed back somewhere with interest. By the simple act of using FIAT currency the user is essentially stealing from their future selves. If they save the money the value is decreased by inflation etc.

Blockchain tech offers complete transparency, speedy transfer times and zero intermediaries.

Mass adoption will happen as young tech savvy people, ie most of the youth population, are embracing the tech so really it is a matter of time before blockchain currencies, ie cryptos, become the internet of money.

No ifs, no buts, no maybes.

There will be ups and downs between now and then. My advice is to buy the dips and hold for 10 years.

Forget about retirement nuggets, essentially you have very little chance of that occurring.

Retirement cryptocurrency however is open to anyone alive on this planet right now with an internet connection....

Let that sink in for a moment.

So how are our digital currency "investors" doing in the present market slump, especially with more likely ructions in the near future as Bitcoin threatens to be torn apart by the stance of the now dominant Chinese miners? :eek:

cazalla said:
Bitcoin is fine, but feel free to add yourself to the long list of people who think it has died/will die/will crash or whatever else takes your fancy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbZ8zDpX2Mg

That 2015 YouTube video is out of date and irrelevant - back in those days, mining/processing was so widely distributed that nobody could control the currency, which was supposedly one of its great strengths, as were low transaction costs and fast transaction processing.

Fast forward to 2017, when a few massive Chinese operations dominate mining/transacting, with significant charges and delays now commonplace, a situation that can only worsen as the mining calcs to unlock fresh coins get progressively more difficult. Hence, far from being 'fine', Bitcoin now faces imminent real-world issues:
http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40654194

The video is not irrelevant, the point is people have been claiming bitcoin is crashing but over the long term it has been solid. It's good that the hash rate and mining difficult is so high as it increases the cost for an attacker to launch a double spend.

Bitcoin isn't meant for buying coffee, so I don't care that people whinge about the cost of a transaction. Go and compare what it costs you to send 100k overseas and bitcoin begins to look really cheap.

Too many people probably bought at the top of the market, they missed the boat by a long time. It will probably always be a volatile "currency" now the day traders are playing with it.

Either way, buy low sell high, never buy into anything at the peak of the market, that goes for any investment whether it's shares, property or commodities such as precious metals.

The video is not irrelevant, the point is people have been claiming bitcoin is crashing but over the long term it has been solid. It's good that the hash rate and mining difficult is so high as it increases the cost for an attacker to launch a double spend.
I am sorry but if i was looking to invest money into something, i would not be trusting a 2 year old youtube video to make me feel safe about my investment.
Like it or not bitcoin is a high risk investment and can (and has) go south at any time. Not saying it will, but it can. Same as any high risk investment.
So there is the potential for high gain and high loss.

Bitcoin isn't meant for buying coffee, so I don't care that people whinge about the cost of a transaction. Go and compare what it costs you to send 100k overseas and bitcoin begins to look really cheap.
Well as the average person enjoys buying coffee or beer and does not have 100k to send overseas, just who is bitcoin looking attractive to?

I personally think whoever created bitcoin was playing at human nature. We are greedy and stupid so of course we will jump at the chance to get this digital currency that has no real world value at all and does not exist outside a computer, just because it was made with a limited supply?
I thought after all the other crypto currencies started trickling out people may see that they were not exactly in limited supply and technically anyone can create their own crypto currency.

This of course is just my take on it all, good on those that made some money off it, but remember there were those that lost out as well.

I've never looked into Bitcoin but I remember playing a simulated real life game when the kids were young. You went online and created a character and wandered around an online world trading in all sorts of things. I think they my have modeled bitcoin on such an imaginary world :) :)

Digital wealth holds a risk of been deleted by a virus or expiracy date!

Not really a fan of bitcoin myself or any other crypto currency.
I would prefer to hold Gold / Silver / Diamonds and premium grade rare investment coins, if i were able to afford such luxuries. :eek:

Latest posts