Pics from all over Australia - Post up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking west from same spot at sunset.
1599825597_ed23ddf3-0d4a-41a6-8005-b24da3ff84b4.jpg

Hard Luck said:
Nightjar said:
Hardluck, sure great you kicked this off, many photos of interest have followed.
:Y: :100:

Agree Nightjar. We live in the best country in the world and I love seeing pics of personal experiences. Would love to be able to travel all around it with unlimited time someday.

Unlimited time, that's a tough one. Most of us leave it until we're old and buggered before we set off and by then that UNLIMITED TIME thing comes into play. Time seems to be very limited when you get near the pointy end. My brother and I started when we were old enough to drive and we travelled far and wide within Australia as soon as Merv was out of his apprenticeship. It wasn't too early because before long life gets in the way and cramps your style.

Merv even started buying his first house while we worked and travelled. We didn't separate our money those times so we most likely should have bought two. As soon as a girlfriend or wife comes along then there are different priorities and expenses. Of course kids blow that out even more and as time goes by travel gets more difficult until we're old and those expenses are lessened again but before long the old age problems come into play.

Our deteriorating health is the most important one and something we have little control over. The other is that to travel in your later years it's much more difficult to work to supplement the meagre income most of us are likely to end up with. In our case they bumped up the aged pension eligibility so that Sandra is still not there. Centerlink knocked me back because we ended our business in 2014 at the beginning of the recession and there were a lot of outstanding accounts, for services and products we supplied, that were never paid. I pumped a lot of our own money into the business over those later years.

Debts that my defunct business now and forever will owe me are classed as assets by Centerlink therefore I have too many assets to be eligible for the aged pension. I'm 67 next month and I get nothing and that makes plenty of free time and very little money. Both retired now, Merv and I just returned from prospecting, he's trying to put together enough for a boat and I'm aiming to update our 4WD motorhome.

Don't leave it too late if you want to make your way around this beautiful country. It's big and you'll never see it all.....

Moneybox said:
Hard Luck said:
Nightjar said:
Hardluck, sure great you kicked this off, many photos of interest have followed.
:Y: :100:

Agree Nightjar. We live in the best country in the world and I love seeing pics of personal experiences. Would love to be able to travel all around it with unlimited time someday.

Unlimited time, that's a tough one. Most of us leave it until we're old and buggered before we set off and by then that UNLIMITED TIME thing comes into play. Time seems to be very limited when you get near the pointy end. My brother and I started when we were old enough to drive and we travelled far and wide within Australia as soon as Merv was out of his apprenticeship. It wasn't too early because before long life gets in the way and cramps your style.

Merv even started buying his first house while we worked and travelled. We didn't separate our money those times so we most likely should have bought two. As soon as a girlfriend or wife comes along then there are different priorities and expenses. Of course kids blow that out even more and as time goes by travel gets more difficult until we're old and those expenses are lessened again but before long the old age problems come into play.

Our deteriorating health is the most important one and something we have little control over. The other is that to travel in your later years it's much more difficult to work to supplement the meagre income most of us are likely to end up with. In our case they bumped up the aged pension eligibility so that Sandra is still not there. Centerlink knocked me back because we ended our business in 2014 at the beginning of the recession and there were a lot of outstanding accounts, for services and products we supplied, that were never paid. I pumped a lot of our own money into the business over those later years.

Debts that my defunct business now and forever will owe me are classed as assets by Centerlink therefore I have too many assets to be eligible for the aged pension. I'm 67 next month and I get nothing and that makes plenty of free time and very little money. Both retired now, Merv and I just returned from prospecting, he's trying to put together enough for a boat and I'm aiming to update our 4WD motorhome.

Don't leave it too late if you want to make your way around this beautiful country. It's big and you'll never see it all.....

Nah..I'm just too lazy mate. It's a dream that I'll keep dreaming.

Just waiting for you to post up pics of your favourite spots MB :p :p

Some coordinates would be nice :lol: :playful:

fwdoz said:
Bit of alluvial gold NE of Noojee

And Trout

It is a beautiful area fwdoz. That was a couple off years ago now and hadn't been out that way for over 30 years. I just wanted to escape into the bush for a while but it was too late in the arvo to move any further east at that time.

The old maps hey...how we used to navigate.

1600506322_20181224_002103.jpg

Hard Luck said:
It is a beautiful area fwdoz. That was a couple off years ago now and hadn't been out that way for over 30 years. I just wanted to escape into the bush for a while but it was too late in the arvo to move any further east at that time.

The old maps hey...how we used to navigate.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4748/1600506322_20181224_002103.jpg

When I first moved here, I was up there a couple of times a month exploring about. Not been that way for a few years now, but might be time to rectify that once restrictions lift

Latest posts