Pics from all over Australia - Post up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Marshall Pool, low tide, north of Leonora.
Can anyone see a head in this photo?

1597050705_archivepotos58.jpg

Leave this one to your imagination?

1597050771_archivepotos61.jpg

fwdoz said:
Onkaparinga River used to be my fishing haunt Manpa. Good Mulloway & Bream, then Salmon in winter along White Rocks...

I have spent many an hour fishing Southport Beach, mullet, salmon from the surf and the occasional bream at the mouth. Been a while, must get back there.

RM Outback said:
Manpa posts 83 & 84 are spectacular photos :perfect: got my walkabout twitch hitting overdrive :) :Y: I'll bookmark these destinations for sure :beer:
RM, I have been very lucky and travelled to every state in Oz for work and pleasure, but still so much I have not seen and cant wait to get back on the road. I have just over 8500 travel photos on my computer which just constantly scroll thru on a 27 screen, great conversation starters and reminder of great times.
Ill post more to whet your appetite further. :D

We were hoping this rainbow would give up a pot of gold when it centered on our bush camp.

1597538416_ggampt11.jpg

Brought us some luck.
1597537392_ggampt13.jpg

Years ago we hung some nesting boxes around our camp and Mr & Mrs Nightjar decided they liked the view and raised two chicks, this photo is a rare view of chicks or adults being they are nocturnal. They have lived at our camp since, we rarely see them just a "screech" at night when that leave and a wake up call for us when they come home to roost. My mate had some devastating news this month a mongrel feral cat killed one of our resident birds. He saw it several times during following nights but was unable to get a shot at it. He set a trap so hopefully its days are numbered.
I arrived at my pseudo name after getting the WA government to ban the use of PVC pipe for road marks and all new drill holes are to be plugged. We found many dead "Nightjars" at the base of haul road PVC markers. The Nightjars had slid down into the pipes to slepp during day and were unable to climb out. Suffered slow lingering deaths.
If you come across unplugged drill holes in your travels place a rock over the opening, you will be doing your bit for preserving our wildlife.
We saved two Bungarras out of one hole, but that's another story.

1597537393_nightjar.jpg

Koolan Island - 1970, Wandi bringing Cockatoo residents to Koolan back beach for Yampi Gift Day.

1597650467_11-28-2012_122.jpg

Koolan Island - 1968 Looking down onto ship and Yampi Sound. (Quite unbelievable I'm standing on the 550ft leavel taking photo, today the quarry floor is below sea level.) All the conveyors and wharf have gone.

1597650497_11-28-2012_126.jpg

Photo of tidal flats taken out window of the Pioneer airacraft flying to Koolan from Derby.

1597650521_11-28-2012_139.jpg

Wandi landing craft bring a barge along side a State Ship to unload supplies for Koolan.

1597650546_wandi_bring_a_barge_along_side_state_ship.jpg

Latest posts