Pics from all over Australia - Post up

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
God's country :) 20km East of Dunkeld (Grampians :) just magnificent with a setting sun, panoramic photo) Glenelg Hwy this arvo, at Hamilton now. Heading for Naracoorte tomorrow then home Friday.
1615976263_img_20210317_211514.jpg

5km East of Dunkeld
1615976387_20210317_194331.jpg

Wish I could post some pics as nice as those of RM Outback and OzzieAu.but unfortunately I was in a different part of the world.Kosciuszko National Park.

Total 360 devastation as far as the eye could see:

1616055344_dsc00658_small.jpg

1616055387_dsc00678_small.jpg

1616055431_dsc00675_small.jpg

Kiandra Courthouse before the fires:

1616055505_c1620b35eaadfca176caf1e63c8e6125_-new-south-wales-snowy-river-shire-council-kosciuszko-national-park-kiandra-courthousehtml.jpg

Kiandra Courthouse after the fires:

1616055549_kiandra_courthouse.jpg

Wolgul Hut before the fires:

1616055596_wolgul_hut.jpg

Wolgul Hut after the fires:

1616055629_dsc00693_small.jpg

Pattinsons Hut before the fires:

1616055786_pattinsons_hut_small.jpg

Pattinsons Hut after the fires:

1616055818_pattinsons_hut.jpg

We drove from Khancoban thru the KNP down to Tumut - total devastation the entire way.

Some areas of obvious regrowth - other areas don't seem to have much of a future.

Controlled burns have just started in area (NE Vic) - let's hope they get on with it, and we never have to go through that again.

Footnote: Every Rest Area we passed was packed with caravans and motorhomes - guess if you can't go on your annual European cruise, you gotta go somewhere :)

In Qld, we ask Nomads NOT to fill their fridges/ eskys before they leave home but buy at the local grocer / butcher/ baker, candle stick maker when they travel through country towns. Buy a pie and a coffee, fill up with fuel, buy a souvenir, it all helps during these hard times. Oh by the way, Strawberry Farms are offering $70.00
a hour/ 1000 plants so they say a beginner can place 500 per hour. Not bad money, however, with Job whatever, they cannot get anyone, so expect, triple the prices for fresh fruit and veg soon.
Safe Trip
Mackka

Last few k's to Marla on the Oodnadatta track.
All of a sudden there were cows everywhere. Had to really slow down as there were (it seems to me) 1000's of them.
Took me at least an hour to get through them as I was crawling.
Kept getting strange looks from some of them and at times I thought they would charge at me. Didn't see a sign of any other human so I have no idea why they were moving on.
Can anybody explain this?

1596362026_20180131_185440_001.jpg

... explain;
given the sun is quite low, they're heading too water, nothing unusual. But good you ask, because if you get lost in the outback and need water 👍
If you lived out there and saw nobody for weeks on end, I recon you'd be giving strange look too. Besides, they dont know you or your vehicle & I'll bet they've never seen you before

Last edited:
In Qld, we ask Nomads NOT to fill their fridges/ eskys before they leave home but buy at the local grocer / butcher/ baker, candle stick maker when they travel through country towns. Buy a pie and a coffee, fill up with fuel, buy a souvenir, it all helps during these hard times. Oh by the way, Strawberry Farms are offering $70.00
a hour/ 1000 plants so they say a beginner can place 500 per hour. Not bad money, however, with Job whatever, they cannot get anyone, so expect, triple the prices for fresh fruit and veg soon.
Safe Trip
Mackka
Sad but being in general the reality is, nomads buy fuel then camp up on some ones land (even the front of your house) without permission boil the kettle and make a sandwich 🤔 Needs to change :mad:

... explain;
given the sun is quite low, they're heading too water, nothing unusual. But good you ask, because if you get lost in the outback and need water 👍
If you lived out there and saw nobody for weeks on end, I recon you'd be giving strange look too. Besides, they dont know you or your vehicle & I'll bet they've never seen you before

But if there is no cattle and you happen across a cow pad in the paddock how do you know which way is toward the water ? 🤔:rolleyes: This could be in the survival topic in fact 🤣

Latest posts