Online, Email Scams, Fake callers/Phone scams and other scam information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i had a few lately trying to sell me solar panels . the last one i told them to go to the closest shop and purchase a large jar of vaseline apply it to all surfaces of said solar panels and then .........................well you can imagine what the rest is , they always hang up but i did have one call me an f.......ing aussie bastard just before he hung up .
johno

Scams on the phone are getting more frequent all the time. One we've been dodging, it displays a different town name from our state each time.

Legislation should be put through parliament forcing Aussie companies to stop using Indian call centers.
AND, the Australian government should force the Indian government to actively go after these scammers.
Aussie companies like Telstra train them and give them access to our details which they can use or sell on.
We should be given an option to block all calls on our phones coming from India.
My ISP closed their Indian call center because the Indian operators were a total waste of time. They now use a call center in the Philippines!!!!
But what are the trained Indian operators doing now .... have you been in an accident recently ....... want to buy solar panels ..... their is a problem with your Telstra internet (I'm not with Telstra) ...... this is the Tax Office, you owe us $*** and unless you pay $*** immediately .... I am from Microsoft, there is a problem with your computer .... etc, etc, etc. :mad: :mad: :mad:

AKA_RedRimmed_Desert said:
Scams on the phone are getting more frequent all the time. One we've been dodging, it displays a different town name from our state each time.
Yes and if you call back their number it is either disconnected or not reachable they tend to use software designed to hide location and phone details.

I tend to waste their time by playing really thick, they tend to give up
They waste my Time I waste theirs and have some fun along the way.

Cheers

"There oughta be a Law against that" is a common saying.
Not so sure the world is a better place for the Infinite number of Laws already in existance with there parts and sub-parts and clauses and sub-clauses.
Just reminds me of the Marx Brothers and the INSANITY CLAUSE

HoudiniHarry said:
Yes and if you call back their number it is either disconnected or not reachable they tend to use software designed to hide location and phone details.

Cheers
You call back and get hit up $7.00 per callback.

What gets up nose is the NBN service provider Telstra Bought the yeu beaut home phone with called display so Idont answer those 03 or 08 prefix cake they don't leave a message so me thinks I will just block those numbers cant do it no instructions in the book can you block these numbers they are persistent energy providers the car accident ppl i plat along with them until they realise I'm playing with them the agnate that act for the rural fire service, the police boys club , and a few others there off my christmas list

Had what looked to be a scam last week for a $1000 Woolworths voucher as an SMS with a web link (woolworths don't have my phone number), wouldn't mind the voucher but more likely a charge subscription site, dumped it in the bin

HoudiniHarry said:

Cheers
It's been a while, but first time answering one of those with what sounded to me an Asian accent, they told me I was getting alert messages in my computer and were there to help me fix the problem. I said, "Yes, but now I fixed all the computer problems myself". He then said, "You did? Really?". I told him, "Yep, did it all by myself"?

Last thing I need is someone hacking into my computer, how stupid do they think we are?

Had a woman ring with a very obvious Indian accent.
She wanted to confirm my name & phone number. I put on a very bad imitation of an Indian man & told her "You must stop ringing me. I am very happily married & my wife is getting suspicious ......... you are a veddy, veddy bad woman & you must stop this."
She burst out laughing (as did my wife who was listening) & hung up. Didn't get any calls for ages & when they started again it was always a male. :lol:
Rob.

Me i just go through doing everything they ask me Then i say do i have to turn my computer on now Jeez they hang up
HoudiniHarry said:

Cheers
It's been a while, but first time answering one of those with what sounded to me an Asian accent, they told me I was getting alert messages in my computer and were there to help me fix the problem. I said, "Yes, but now I fixed all the computer problems myself". He then said, "You did? Really?". I told him, "Yep, did it all by myself"?

Last thing I need is someone hacking into my computer, how stupid do they think we are?

Just had a call from the National Phone Call Security Dept as I have been supposedly getting unwanted marketing calls that I wished to report. When I asked how they knew I wanted to report them and that I would be glad to do so if they provided me with their address and phone number being that they said they were a govt dept and when I mentioned I'd call back they hung up.

Another one to look out for is when "they" ring you on your phone and then they ask you to PROVIDE PROOF ON WHO YOU ARE to them. I never give my DOB to anyone that rings, by the way they used my phone No as another way to ID me, LOL. Ken.

I usually say I'm in the middle of dinner and ask if they can hang on one minute ,they say yes then put the phone on speaker, and sit the phone down next to me and continue to do whatever it was I was doing
?

Needless to say they get pissed off.......... just like I did ?

Mirrors said:
I usually say I'm in the middle of dinner and ask if they can hang on one minute ,they say yes then put the phone on speaker, and sit the phone down next to me and continue to do whatever it was I was doing
?

Needless to say they get pissed off.......... just like I did ?

Beautiful work Mirrors :Y: it's great reading all the ways people come up with to annoy these mongrels.

I get about 8-12 scam calls a day due to my mobile being on my business website. I get about 16 scam SMS a day also.

This is the junk I get all day:

1535762144_screenshot_20180901-103148.jpg

I never sign up to anything either to cause the SMS spam :awful:

I have not answered private numbers for a long time now, I don't even care if some are even legit private number customers.

Latest posts