Online, Email Scams, Fake callers/Phone scams and other scam information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one from a delivery company (KPG), stating that as I was not home, they could not leave (I was expecting one).
They left a contact that I could press on my iPhone to reschedule a delivery.
I stupidly did that, and it downloaded malware to my phone.
The next time I logged onto my bank account with my iPhone, that hacked my account details and started withdrawing money.
I lost $2.1k
I had to reformat my phone.

The only email we should ever get from Centrelink is a note to say that there is new mail sent to your MyGov account. That's the only place they send to.

Same goes with SMS, they just don't send them.

Scams are rife across Instagram & Facebook, here is an example of one you do NOT proceed with.
Block immediately.

1639557609_screenshot_11.jpg

Newprospect said:
Wish they could catch these @&#$@&#$. With all the tech we have these days you think they would have something advanced enough to bring them to there knees!!!!

Nice thought, the reality is it isn't that simple and clear cut. 99% of the time if you receive an SMS from a specific number (if it is a scam) the legitimate owner of that number will have no clue as to what is happening - this is why it is a bit silly to SMS back and abuse them (as some people often do), you are abusing a totally innocent person. Who probably will think you are off your rocker on meth. It is very easy to send an SMS as someone else (pick a number!) these days.

Rarely are the even in Australia, which makes it even more complicated to track them down. Some countries don't care, or don't have the resources to find these people. Or laws to even deal with them appropriately.

I've been getting scam texts for a while now but today I seen a new one.
MRYUM
SECURITY CODE
COPY 4321

just like internet banking codes but I bet my left nut if you clicked copy for the pin you would open the flood gates to scam city.

Latest posts