Online, Email Scams, Fake callers/Phone scams and other scam information

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gumtree was bought by eBay. I would never use it unless you do face to face transaction. I sell stuff on gumtree all the time with no issue but have been spammed by SMSs. Just use your common sense.
Ebay charges 9.9% fee for selling which is way to high.

Beagleboy said:
Gumtree was bought by eBay. I would never use it unless you do face to face transaction. I sell stuff on gumtree all the time with no issue but have been spammed by SMSs. Just use your common sense.
Ebay charges 9.9% fee for selling which is way to high.

I'd forgotten ebay bought gumtree.

I buy from gumtree thw trick is ask the seller if hell use cod through australia post. This way you look at the item and pay australia post then they release the funds to the seller. Ive asked several sellers to do this who fluffed about making excuses as to why tgey could not do that. There are alot of scammers.

Didnt know ebay bought gumtree....

Just found this ad on ebay ... knock offs ??
1428293978_image.jpg

1428293999_image.jpg

Can't be real at that price.

Coupled with the low amount feedback and postage thing there's too many red flags. I'd say to anyone thinking about it....steer clear.

Fake account i reckon. Maybe the same person who got me. He got two others using a paypal account. You never know. He must have got them pics from a uk distributor? Seems like they are targeting metal detectors as quick easy money. If its too good to be true always ask questions and fully suss it out before handing over your money to an elusive bastard. I thought 725 $ for a near new etrac was a bargin. Soon was i fooled. Have your wits when buying a detector online. Second hand? See it in person. Brand new online? Buy off a reputable seller.

Latest posts