old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow thanks for those photos. Those mines would be great to explore.

im spose to be doing a 2 week prospect out warrick on Wednesday,the old man dropped this place (2000 acres) on me today out of the blue. I haven't done ANY research on the area yet...if you were me,what would you do?

Well I'd be in like a rabbit. Hunting the Gold could well be on his way too !

Very fascinating, consider this, the modern mine is nothing really for the machines we have to cut and dig. Back then they only really had basic machines and basic tools..... today we have a wealth of geological knowledge, where to cut, where to put a tunnel, etc. back then they just followed the colour...

a sleepless night coming up I reckon,if actually finding gold feels anything like finding this.....BRING IT ON!!!!!! :cool:

GoldCheddar2005 said:
Very fascinating, consider this, the modern mine is nothing really for the machines we have to cut and dig. Back then they only really had basic machines and basic tools..... today we have a wealth of geological knowledge, where to cut, where to put a tunnel, etc. back then they just followed the colour...

I don't know how old they are but the saw cut beams might give a clue?

TenOunce Tone said:
Should have stuck a sluice in the outflow...

Cheers Tone

I just told him that tone...his no prospector...but that's about to change I think! ;)

dean65 said:
Well I'd be in like a rabbit. Hunting the Gold could well be on his way too !

many awsome pics,video's and storys coming up I reckon. :cool:

20xwater said:
im spose to be doing a 2 week prospect out warrick on Wednesday,the old man dropped this place (2000 acres) on me today out of the blue. I haven't done ANY research on the area yet...if you were me,what would you do?

I would come an suss them out with ya when ever ya free m8 well do some exploring :)

Hunting the yellow said:
20xwater said:

I would come an suss them out with ya when ever ya free m8 well do some exploring :)

If your doing anything close to Ballarat count me in.

Went down to the Devils Kitchen yesterday south of Linton. Heard about some adits near the creek but the area is given over to blackberries and I could not get near. Does anyone have further information on the location ? Thanks.

Wow this thread is getting really interesting. You guys are certainly fulfilling my curiosities.

What does it smell like down there any what's the temp like?

This mine looks really great although I'm not sure about the safety aspect.

crazyk said:
Wow this thread is getting really interesting. You guys are certainly fulfilling my curiosities.

Usually very cool with a damp musty smell and sometimes a dusty smell.

crazyk said:

yeah we shod add a mineing topic lol yeah its about 20 deg to 22 deg dosen't change much and like dean said mostly damp and wet but to all the time

I stared at this view for a while today...amazing

1396437511_img_8314_1024x683.jpg

That's one large mountain rock !! Great to imagine that if you started from the surface how you would dig it to follow veins etc. Especially like that one on the left of the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts