old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dean65 said:
You have to be careful. It's easily done. The shaft pictured above at Creswick is flush with the ground. You don't see the shaft until the last moment and with that one I was unable to see the bottom.

if you cant see the bottom i wonder if there are any bodies in it wearing gang insignia ?

tempted to drop a camera down there and if the bottom is crime-incident-free then seal it with some wire mesh over the top and nail it down with some big stainless steel tent pegs 2 foot long

Hunting the yellow said:
that last hole would be a china mans one :)

makeing a video of this mine start of topic aswell today feeling pumped :)

If you can post the video online I'm sure many of us would be pleased. Thanks.

Shaft near Ballarat. Very wide at the top and easy to fall down. Looks to be about 15 metres deep.

Love love love the pics.

How are you guys finding these shafts? Are you using geovic?

Thanks for the video - its great ! Love the way you guys seem to rush into the mine. It was like you were in a great hurry to get in and get out. Photography underground is very difficult and focusing the camera in the dark is not always possible. The video makes the drives look very narrow, but I guess that is caused by optical effects.

Fantastic video... It makes you think about the old timers back then... How did they cart all that rock out of those tunnels.

Some heavy lifting of course but there would have to have been hundreds of guys down there. Imagine how cramped. There definitely wasn't any room for carts.

A truly amazing feat if you ask me. You'll never get it done that way anymore.. It just makes me laugh at what some of the OH&S rules of today have done to these pioneering industries.

Preserve these mines they are definitely worth their volume in gold!

Puddler Bill said:
Development costs so far are more than 15k and that's with the support of some very generous people. This is a serious bit of equipment but you could just get a gopro and mount it on a cheap crawler. It would work until you go round a corner.....

I use to race offroad nitro r/c and I am wondering how your getting around corners ey?

scott :cool:

Thanks for sharing the mine adventure HTY.

Makes me appreciate the efgorts the ol timers made to extract the ore.
Stay safe

Cheers Tone

my old man just sent me these pics of some mines in the Dartmouth area in Vic where he lives...all private property!

1396233417_tallendoon_mine.jpg

1396233536_inside_tallendoon_mine.jpg

1396233585_inside_tallendoon_mine_2.jpg

1396233737_quandong_entrance.jpg

1396233825_quandong_inside.jpg

1396233894_shymaster_mine.jpg

1396233989_shymaster_mine_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts