old mine is now mapped and recorded :)

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hunting the yellow said:
G0lddigg@ said:
yes i agree, new accounts first post attacking our members wont be tolerated

thanks mate could you delete or lock this topic now

no we wont be deleting the thread HTY we've all put alot of time and effort in the management of the thread and keeping it going.

G0lddigg@ said:
Hunting the yellow said:
G0lddigg@ said:

no we wont be deleting the thread HTY we've all put alot of time and effort in the management of the thread and keeping it going.

ok fair enough but sadly I won't be posting im also thinking of removing my own Facebook page I just don't want others to copy what I used to do got enough on my plate as it is don't want any more worries

G0lddigg@ said:
Hunting the yellow said:
G0lddigg@ said:

That's good to hear. It would be a terrible waste to delete this thread.

While i have no interest in going into mines old or new, I've personally found this thread really interesting but i've gotta say that (and now i'm guilty of it for posting this) all of the sideline comments by people regards safety etc and personal comments has seriously detracted from the thread. Somebody, i think Tath, may have mentioned that from now on, when it comes to threads such as this where there are dangers then a clear warning at the start should be inserted by mods. I personally reckon after that any 'off subject' comments throughout the thread should be deleted after a week or so to only leave the relevant info about the shafts etc. There's good stuff here that's getting diluted with all these side comments like mine now and others. IMO :)

This week we visit one of Stove's old haunts down at Enfield. This mine has a large multi chambered stope accessible via a lower drive by crawling up a series of rises. You will notice the explorers are now wearing hard hats as well as sporting the latest mine exploring gloves. On previous visits a gas detector was used and the air quality was normal throughout the underground sections. You may notice what look like deep shafts in the photos. They are in fact rises and despite the absence of safety ropes the explorers were in no real danger of falling.

Mate good on you, each to their own but that freaks me out. Just not my cup of tea. As I said good on you I only wish I had your nerve, well done.

Cheers, DD

This week we visit another of Stove's old haunts down at Enfield. This mine has a large shaft not far from the entrance which is now mostly backfilled. Next to the adit there is a another shaft at the base of a large open cutting. It is thought they are connected underground. It is not possible to get down to the base of the second shaft due to the dumping of rubbish.

Gday Dean,
I've noticed that there's been even more mining going on in recent months at some of my old favorites including the bridge of death mine.
I hope that these prospectors are showing respect to the history of these mines.
I would hate to see there character changed.
Cheers Steve

stoyve said:
Gday Dean,
I've noticed that there's been even more mining going on in recent months at some of my old favorites including the bridge of death mine.
I hope that these prospectors are showing respect to the history of these mines.
I would hate to see there character changed.
Cheers Steve

Hi Steve. Good to hear from you again.

Mining going on in recent months at some of my old favourites is disappointing to see. If these people are caught they will be in serious trouble.

"All Historic mining sites are an important part of our State's and nation's cultural heritage.

The remaining features, artefacts and the surrounding landscape help us understand how people lived and worked at these places.

Please help protect this heritage for present and future generations by leaving sites as found.

It is an offence to:
*damage or remove artefacts and historic features
*disturb archaeological values by digging.

All historic mining sites in Victoria are protected under the Heritage Act, 1995."

Gday Dean,
Sorry we haven't caught up in recent months but I've been really busy of late.
Live sometimes gets in the way of living at times.
Hopefully we can catch up before the year is finished.
Cheers Steve :D

I forogt about the heritage listing cheers. Mines here are getting stupidly hacked at and whoever is doing it has absolutely no clue. "Look, a quartz vein..yeah lets did it" :rolleyes: :mad:

My favorite mine is now classed unsafe and no more tourists can enter it nemore thanks to wanna be's. There for 100 years untouched..then young fools dig out the walls, graffittii and etch thier names into the tunnel. Stupid

AtomRat said:
I forogt about the heritage listing cheers. Mines here are getting stupidly hacked at and whoever is doing it has absolutely no clue. "Look, a quartz vein..yeah lets did it" :rolleyes: :mad:

My favorite mine is now classed unsafe and no more tourists can enter it nemore thanks to wanna be's. There for 100 years untouched..then young fools dig out the walls, graffittii and etch thier names into the tunnel. Stupid

There is a certain amount of danger in visiting these old mines. However, hacking about inside and removing stone from old walls adds a completely different dimension. Having a back collapse on you becomes a real possibility

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts