NSW Mid North Cast sites

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to prospecting. Live on the Mid North Coast NSW. Can anyone recommend any good sites around my way? Much appreciated.

Thanks

eadesy77 :D

down load google earth.. type in nsw gold mines, press search and you will find good info that will help.. you will need a prospecting permit to work some areas.. :)

Thanks guys,

Where do I get a permit? Also how much? Does the permit cover all other states as well?

Thanks for your responses.

eadesy77 :)

eadesy77 said:
Thanks guys,

Where do I get a permit? Also how much? Does the permit cover all other states as well?

Thanks for your responses.

eadesy77 :)
In NSW You only need a permit to fossick in State Forests. No fossicking allowed in National parks. You can get a permit for about $28 from forests NSW it lasts a year and covers Multiple people.

If you don't mind me asking where abouts are you on the Mid North Coast?

Cheers Havinago

Hi Havingago.

Thanks heaps for ur help. I in the Port Macquarie area how about urself?

eadesy77

Yeah Port Mac local mate, but i havent found gold here yet, been looking and scouting but it seem to be on the other side of the hill and up to Coffs, If you have google earth check this site out http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse and start studying so you are in the ball park, just dont turn on all the layers at once, i use Gold and Gems layer, Geography 1500K layer, Boundaries layer and some others to help in my research.
Cheers
Havinago

Latest posts