Newbie about me

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys and ladies,

Really excited by this site. I know fossicking and prospecting is not like fishing where the old timers give information and show youngsters like me how to get the results. I have been watching countless YouTube videos and brought many books. I have purchased a reasonable detector and sluce and planning equipment. And really hoping to team up with someone expierenced to help me.. Would be happy to offer 50% of my finds to the right person for knowledge and expierenced guidance.

I am a bit of a hopeless romanic my goal is to find just enough gold a couple of small diamonds and an nice sapphire to then learn to facet and have professionally set to give to my current girl as a engagement ring. Money is not the motivation as I would say I have spent enough to purchase such a ring almost twice over. It's out the effort ill know I have put in as I slip that ring on her finger.

I am young and eager to do a majority of hard work in return for knowledge and guidance.

As mentioned I have decent enough equipment but I think my technic and experience thwart my efforts of success.. Also with diamonds and sapphires I fear I am not sure of what I am looking at. Would love to join a club of some sort in eastern or south eastern suburbs of Melbourne.

Everyone says do the research and you'll find what your looking for after 6 trips. My most successful is sadly to say the panning river at sovereignhill. On all my trips the only thing I have managed to turn up is a couple or bullets been bittern by a bullant. Done a celebration dance over a thick piece of glass and spend a whole lot of time think about nothing and getting dirty.

Would appricate some company whilst fossicking and detecting for both safety and guidance..

Hopefully I can get some great tips from this site.

Welcome Newbie.

I look forward to reading more about your prospecting journey.

Please invite your friends and family to join the forum :)

Hey Newbie. I take you're down near ballarat somewhere? I'd be happy to show you the ropes, for nothing in return. You sound like a good bloke who wants to learn the hobby. So next time your free let me know. I'll come out with you & give you some inside tips :)

AD that would be fantastic mate, I am actually in Melbourne but travel all over for work so I can be anywhere in Victoria. I have a little happening over the Christmas break but if you'd be keen some Saturday or sunday early in the new year would be great or I can arrange a week day if need be. You just name the place and I be sure to be there. I am running a white GMT goldmaster have you had any dealings with them not entirely nessacary but would be helpfull. My email is [email protected] if you want to shoot me an email I'd be happy to call you to arrange the details. Thanks again.

Hey Newby, to prevent yourself getting spammed it might be safer sending your email address in a private message rather than posting it, just click the PM button under AD's Avatar. It's up to you.

Latest posts