New Minelab Detector - any time soon?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
:zzz: nothing to see there
Does appear to be another VLF type detector though

I notice the Vanquish/Victory is also tagged with #VANTAGE in the bottom right-hand corner of that teaser video closing screen:

1556854275_vantage.jpg

mbasko said:
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/WSCKAEh0Tzk[/video]
Why on earth would Minelab put that stupid video up with a Vanquish sign and just beeping noises. Honestly some of these marketing people need a new job.
I guess this is going to get dddrrraaggged out for months again. It will probably come Christmas time !

I see there is a new Holden car out with the same name.
Different names for different countries ?

Reg Wilson said:
mbasko, so are you saying that this sort of promo is not an insult to ones intelligence. Snake oil.

It's only an insult if you choose to be insulted.
It is simply a marketing exercise as used by a gazillion different companies to promote a product before release.

I have to agree with Matt, your anti ML bent is shining through. Anyone would think someone high up in Codan ran off with your wife

Don't know who created that Video and new YouTube channel but I'd be very surprised if it was anything to do with Minelab's marketing dept.

Especially with a video description like:

"what metal detector is the Minelab Vanquish is the minelab vanquish waterproof what does minelab vanquish look like what features does the minelab vanquish have when is the new minelab vanquish"

Reg Wilson said:
Manpa said:
Pre release details are nothing new, a tactic used by many marketeers and politicians for years.
Yeah, dodgy ones.
So are you suggesting movie houses who pre release are dodgy, as are car manufacturers, computer and phone companies etc etc, if you are you have a grim view of the world.
Why should Minelab not create some hype about a product pre release, they are entitled to increase their market share and sales to the benefit of their employees, shareholders etc.

IF Minelab did put that Video up, its intriguing to note the 'Q' in Vanquish is in red. Maybe a hint to Multi IQ ?
and of course we are all adding to the speculation, gossip, rumours & hype that ML would like
so it is what it is, & time will tell
meanwhile, keep swinging (with your detector) :playful:

Wishfull said:
mbasko said:
[video=480,360]https://youtu.be/WSCKAEh0Tzk[/video]
Why on earth would Minelab put that stupid video up with a Vanquish sign and just beeping noises. Honestly some of these marketing people need a new job.
I guess this is going to get dddrrraaggged out for months again. It will probably come Christmas time !

I see there is a new Holden car out with the same name.
Different names for different countries ?
It's already got people talking about it :playful:

Madtuna, in my younger days I was the Australian marketing manager for a large company. If I had have come up with such a poorly presented product as that I would have been sacked.

Manpa, of course all manner of companies use pre release advertising hype. Some just do it better than others.

I guess it is only an insult to intelligence if one has intelligence.

Wishfull said:
Seems to me by advertising a new product too early just slows down sales of their other products, because people who were going to purchase a detector will now wait to see if this new release is a better option for them. Just saying.

If true, a new product announcement probably also has that negative effect on competitors too. I remember reading a theory that Minelab announced the forthcoming Equinox early so as to spike Garrett's sales of the then newly-introduced AT Max.

Wishfull said:
Seems to me by advertising a new product too early just slows down sales of their other products, because people who were going to purchase a detector will now wait to see if this new release is a better option for them. Just saying.
Wishfull, you are DEDset ;) right about that. besides wanting to get a new gold detector (possibly 4500) sometime/oneday, Ive also been considering an EQ600/800 as I go coin & relic hunting more than I do prospecting (due to time & distance), & although im not ready to buy one right now, I def wont until ive seen what the new machine is

You're right Smoky, it has got people talking about it. Some good. Some bad. Pros and cons. A successful advertising campaign has mostly pros.

Reg Wilson said:
Madtuna, in my younger days I was the Australian marketing manager for a large company. If I had have come up with such a poorly presented product as that I would have been sacked.

Manpa, of course all manner of companies use pre release advertising hype. Some just do it better than others.

So Reg, you were the Australian Marketing Manager for an overseas company?

Cheers

Doug

Reg Wilson said:

Well that's just peachy Reg! In my youngers days I was just a younger bloke!

I think I have enough intelligence to not be offended or insulted by what after all is just an ad

Sorry if someone has already said this but I don't think this is to replace the Equinox, but rather the E-Trac series.
Little bird said it will just be using the Mutli-IQ tech in it. So should price below the Equinox.

Wouldn't surprise me if the Equinox 600 becomes obsolete too. No need for it really.

Latest posts