New Minelab Detector - any time soon?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The entry level machines will they be PI machines? It would be good to see a less pricey PI machine from minelab...roscoe

trashmagnet said:
that info was released before the meeting, so your source has no reason to hide his identity.
at the meeting minelab announced that three detectors will be released,
the high end gold detector is not due to be released in the next twelve months and will be a whole new platform never seen before. it has been tested in our ground.
the other two will be an entry level and a mid level. I believe these two will be released earlier and
are based on the current platform.
no secrets here, all has been announced already.
regards trashmagnet

Thanks, it was never posted with the intention of being leaked info. I think due to the sources involvement in Minelab they just prefer not to put their name to it.

Yeah it's an extremely lightweight, low priced ZVT detector that won't have the full suite of options/fine tuning of the GPZ but like the Equinox to the CTX the Vanquish to the GPZ will still pack some punch for it's price bracket & size.
Won't be waterproof, no GPS, etc. Trimmed down but still powerful enough to "Vanquish" the competition.

Footnote: this may be cruel a rumour or just a wish list :lol:

Hello All.

It's no rumor, Minelab had a dealer conference today, and news of this new detector release was confirmed there.

I just received the news from an attending participant, (Friend).

Maybe more news tomorrow.

Cheers ozziegold.

I Just received a message from a participant at the Minelab Dealers conference held Today.

The big news was they are to release a new detector, called the Vanquish.

No other news yet, we should hear more tomorrow.

Cheers from ozziegold.

mbasko said:
Yeah it's an extremely lightweight, low priced ZVT detector that won't have the full suite of options/fine tuning of the GPZ but like the Equinox to the CTX the Vanquish to the GPZ will still pack some punch for it's price bracket & size.
Won't be waterproof, no GPS, etc. Trimmed down but still powerful enough to "Vanquish" the competition.

Is ZVT like PI (pulse Induction) .... that's the word I got New PI type detector (based on Dealers Conference in Italy).

Cheers T.

ozziegold said:
I Just received a message from a participant at the Minelab Dealers conference held Today.

Cheers from ozziegold.

Thread on this already :Y:

Teemore said:
Is ZVT like PI (pulse Induction) .... that's the word I got New PI type detector (based on Dealers Conference in Italy).

ZVT is the system that the GPZ7000 uses:
ZVT (Zero Voltage Transmission) creates ultraconstant high-power opposite polarity magnetic fields, increasing gold sensitivity. This innovative technology detects gold nuggets at extreme depths.

ZVT technology goes to the NEXT LEVEL for all serious gold prospectors, providing substantially improved depth. No longer will you be limited to using either sine wave continuous VLF transmission detectors, that struggle in mineralised ground, or square wave PI transmission detectors, that can be insensitive to varying gold sizes and compositions.

Minelab's new flagship gold detector, the GPZ 7000 is equipped with exclusive Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT) technology, developed by Bruce Candy, and state-of-the-art features, the GPZ 7000 offers the deepest ground penetration and represents the most significant advancement in gold detecting technologies in years. This revolutionary gold detector will discover the deepest gold in mineralised ground and has the highest sensitivity available to detect even the smallest traces of gold.

See technical details here:
https://www.minelab.com/__files/f/2...echnology Zero Voltage Transmission (ZVT).pdf

Teemore said:
mbasko said:

Cheers T.
ZVT is the tech used in the GPZ.
Similar to PI but not the same.
Take my post with a grain of salt - more based on rumours & wishlists not fact.
The only new detector I've seen Minelab actually talk about is a new countermine machine not recreational.
Until Minelab release something factual then it's just rumour but we can all speculate I guess :)

ozziegold said:
Hello All.

It's no rumor, Minelab had a dealer conference today, and news of this new detector release was confirmed there.

I just received the news from an attending participant, (Friend).

Maybe more news tomorrow.

Cheers ozziegold.
its tomorrow now ? any news

Interesting for sure ! Lets hope its an affordable gold machine . Stupid name though.

ozziegold said:

Cheers from ozziegold.

Hi Diggit.

I received this link, https://www.minelab.com/victoryunearthed? it appears now, to be called "Victory".

Cheers ozziegold.

1556583594_rpde_t54_detector_.jpg

"dual sensor metal detector which incorporates ground penetrating radar"
Its the new countermine detector.
Is this the Vanquish????
No other mooted detector release in any Minelab/Codan reports.

So whats the go with that link? When you click on it it says Victory Unearthed You are now subscribed to our list??? I didn't ask for any subscription?

goldtrapper said:
So whats the go with that link? When you click on it it says Victory Unearthed You are now subscribed to our list??? I didn't ask for any subscription?

Link is now fixed to offer the correct sign up page. :Y:

Latest posts