New Minelab Detector - any time soon?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BigL said:
It's true, I just returned last night from a meeting and was shown the new d te tor, its g t oh no, my bat te y is g ing flat

Sounds like a meeting at the Pub with no one who knows much if anything. By the looks of it you've got the battery sorted by 10.45 (post following this one at 9.21) so give us the low down :p

RM Outback said:
BigL said:
It's true, I just returned last night from a meeting and was shown the new d te tor, its g t oh no, my bat te y is g ing flat

Sounds like a meeting at the Pub with no one who knows much if anything. By the looks of it you've got the battery sorted by 10.45 (post following this one at 9.21) so give us the low down :p

haha.. you caught me red handed RM :8

You are all playing in the hands of Minelab, exactly what they want with an impending launch. I must admit, I'm guilty of being sucker punched here too. Cant wait to see the thing, my bank account looks good at the moment too. One thing I would really like to see from detector manufactures is a more in depth manual for their detectors. Instead of just saying do this, adjust that and swing.. I'd like to see a thorough run down of the detector setup process and explanations of knock on effects of being to heavily fisted with each setting in the setup process. In other words, how do we all really milk the performance from the detector.

Finally, I'd love to see them implement USB or better still WiFi comms on all future detectors so you can save your settings to a PC and upload them to the detector from software that enables you to custom edit the files. Better still, some graphics in the software along the lines of WYSIWYG to let us see and understand the relationship between the settings. Something to air test and graphically see the detectors response as you tune settings. I know this would only be air testing BUT we would all learn from it... then again no reason why ground testing wouldn't be possible too.

Latest posts