New member from Tassie fossicker and hopefully gold prospector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elpho

Luke
Reaction score
Howdy all just thought id give you all a brief introduction and my plans for the future :)

Since a young age I've always been interested in minerals and have gone panning for gold on the odd occasion aswell. Around 8 months ago i joined the Burnie District Lapidary Club and although im quite sick ive still managed to get there abit more recently and have been working on some nice minerals. I've gone one one field trip with the club upto the Calder quarries where i found some nice agates, i've also fossicked around penguin where i found aheap of jasper aswell. I mostly make cabochons of all my specimans and have been given quite a few over the course of my membership and from family and friends. i have lots old petrified wood from lume? river area aswell as a few pieces of petrified man-fern(hoping to start silvermsithing on a cabochon into a necklace for mum for christmas). now i have speciams of amazonite, tiger iron, jade, emuite, coral and many more i cant think of at this time.

over the last few weeks i've been really studying into prospecting for gold and i believe im suffering from 'gold fever'. In Tasmania i believe most of the gold is alluvial so my thoughts are going towards a fisher gold bug 2 with the 6" coil but ill get the 10" coil aswell for some depth if i need it. Im very sick unfortunately and on a small income with only 15 hours work a week so its going to take me a few months until i get a detector so still studying but it seems like the best option for what i can afford.

looking forward to getting to know you all abit better and be an active member of the community, thats all i can think of for now

thanks for reading,
Luke

Welcome to PA Luke. I look forward to reading your posts about your exploits in the future :)

NeoGeo said:
G'day Luke and welcome.

mfdes is the man.
(cant post his link yet)

I hope your health improves soon mate.

thanks i have contacted him via his website and liked his facebook page, i plan on joining the group after christmas is out of the way as money is that tight atm.

Unfortunately my health issues are incurable and im stuck with them but i make the most out of everyday and I'm slowly building myself up to do more and more.
I'll share some pictures of some local mineral finds over the next few days!, and hopefully of gold during next year :)

Howdy Luke
Welcome mate,
Good luck hope you get your detector soon,
Any how give you more time for researching good locations, :)

thanks all i've been doing alot of studying and have already found quite a few places of interest im going to check out. waiting on permission of one land owner atm!

Latest posts