NEW and in love.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey guys, my real name is rob. Im 24 and have just recently fell in love with prospecting. I went out and bought the 4500 gpx minelab.
i Went out for the first time today near whip sticks, Just a random spot to test out my new baby.
Tryed the mono coil With a few settings i got from the boys at miners den melb.
After about one hour my first target! junk galore though. Had about 20 more hits, all rusted metal pieces that were on the surface, i knew it was not gold. But still looked through the pile of leafs and dirt to see what it was. Finally then found by the looks of it a .22 bullet shell that was at least 1 foot deep. Got me excited for nothing! lol Still i was stoked to find my first bullet.
Anyways stayed for about 4hours, till the rained poured and i went home for the day. Alot of targets, plenty of junk but no nugget yet. Of course i didn't expect any haha! Also then realising how easy i can get lost being only 50 metres from the car... if it wasnt for my phone i could of been in trouble lol I think a need a compass or gps for my piece of mind.
Would love for any recommendations or help people have for me with the machine or places to give a go:) thanks all.

hi mate and welcome
try this i have one its basic and get you home (ebay)
bushnell backtrack
1515916586_10.jpg

Yes the Bushnell is well worth the small investment.
Loads of times you can be disorientated in the thick bush. Frequently the phone will fail out the bush.
Just ensure you carry water.

Now you just need to do some research to walk over the yellow stuff.

Good luck

Latest posts