Minelab Vanquish (340 440 540) tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I saw a new minelab last week and it's a black Garrett ace250, same buttons, screen, same shape control panel, it's a Garrett rip off!

1564864337_images.jpg

Birdy says it will price well under the Equinox range. So happy days.

A budget detector. So I will probably get one just for the kids as the GoFind series just doesnt cut it.

Considering I'm looking for my first detector and this one appears that it will slot right in the middle of my price range (which is still under negotiation with the boss), I'm very keen to find out some actual details about it! I'm holding off on purchasing until this one is out I think.... Anyone heard any further legitimate news?

its interesting that there is no mention of the XTerra being discontinued. There is not a huge price gap between the XTerra & the Equinox600 so it would be strange for the Vanquish to fit in between the two. If you had to pay $500-700 for a Vanquish then why not just buy the EQ600! and what would be the point of Minelab continuing with the XTerra unless the price dropped a fair bit, then that raises the question of price point on the Go-Find.
You would expect the XT to be dropped &/0r the price of the EQ to rise.

Ded Driver said:
its interesting that there is no mention of the XTerra being discontinued. There is not a huge price gap between the XTerra & the Equinox600 so it would be strange for the Vanquish to fit in between the two. If you had to pay $500-700 for a Vanquish then why not just buy the EQ600! and what would be the point of Minelab continuing with the XTerra unless the price dropped a fair bit, then that raises the question of price point on the Go-Find.
You would expect the XT to be dropped &/0r the price of the EQ to rise.

Seen on an Australian Dealers Web Site

Just to give everyone the 'heads-up'. As from the 16th August 2019, Minelab will be increasing their prices on the Excalibur II; Gold Monster 1000; and the SDC2300.

Consequently, the recommended retail price as set by Minelab for these machines will be;

Excalibur II $1999.00

Gold monster 1000 $1199.00

SDC 2300 $4499.00

All GST inclusive

Also the following machines will be or have been discontinued from the Minelab range when stocks run out.

X-Terra

E-Trac

Safari

GPX - 4500

It will be interesting to see if the Vanquish will sit below the EQ600/800 as in the info available from the web. I wonder if any of the retailers will run a clearance on the discontinued or soon to be discontinued models....

Got this email from Minelab yesterday - so keep a watch out tonight?

On Sunday, September 15, 3:35 AM Australian Central Standard Time (ACST), Minelab will be Premiering an exciting new video on our YouTube channel!

If you would like to receive reminders when the video will be available to watch, please visit our YouTube page on Thursday, September 12 at 8:30 PM ACST, locate the video "Unearth Victory | Minelab Metal Detectors" and click the notification bell.

Time zones:

Adelaide, Australia: Sunday, 3:35 AM > London, UK: Saturday, 7:05 PM

Adelaide, Australia: Sunday, 3:35 AM > New York, US: Saturday, 2:05 PM

Adelaide, Australia: Sunday, 3:35 AM > Los Angeles, US: Saturday, 11:05 AM

Adelaide, Australia: Sunday, 3:30 AM > Beijing, China: Sunday, 2:05 AM

After watching the video, don't forget to check the description box ...

#UnearthVictory

They'll roll in like oranges and buy it. All the hype is designed to keep us buying every new machine that comes out. The reality is folks....... Most of the easy gold is picked. The days I remember when it was relatively easy to find 1 to 10 gram pieces of gold are gone. Unless this new machine can generate a picture for you actually showing the target or turn fly shit gold into grammers I'll bet its no better than what's already on the market. :argh:

Latest posts