Minelab Vanquish (340 440 540) tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ctxkid said:
i hope it is better than a nox , and not a ctx replacement , i need a lite detector that packs small like a gofind for motorcycle adventures

Don't you like digging all the ringpulls and bottle tops with the NOX that some bloke with a CTX has left throughout the Central West........... 8.(

Ctxkid. If you want a light weight motorcycle friendly detector that weighs stuff all with amazing discrim features AND no wires get a XP Deus. I have a sneaking suspicion it'll still be as good as or better than minelabs new toy. Mine was able to give me a clear good signal in an old Chinese rubbish hole. It picked out a Chinese coin in among all the other junk! And the hole was full of all sorts of metal rubbish. Can't go past that methinks! :D

Sorry I cant post links yet but the shareholder presentation from Codan on the 3/9 posted on the ASX (not that there is much new on there) confirms it is a multi frequency coin and treasure detector no mention of gold capabilities. They have it sitting between xterra and equinox I didnt see any info about xterra discontinuation but the local supplier said the xterra is being discontinued.

wwwDOTasxDOTcomDOTau/asx/statistics/displayAnnouncementDOTdo?display=pdf&idsId=02142677

1568369667_f3b3e526-d2f5-4483-a719-399de0c9aa1c.jpg

Sheesh...
I don't wanna be too negative about it but, man, I Really dislike the design of that control panel. :poop: :/
At first glance I put it in the same vein as the cheap China vlf junk machines. There's something about it that doesn't say quality to me.

I'm sure the tech inside and functionality will live up to the hype, but I honestly think they could have done a better job with the external design.

Just my opinion.

Kind of surprised that the housing wasn't at least made water resistant without the need for a supplied cover to cater for accidental dunkings etc. Reminds me of the Whites Coinmaster control box, though mounted on a Deus type shaft.

totally agree B1 ! it is a garret clone to me 8.( 8.( 8.( 8.(

i really hope that those photos are throw offs :eek: and the real machine is a tad more Minelab :Y:

goldtrapper said:
ctxkid said:
i hope it is better than a nox , and not a ctx replacement , i need a lite detector that packs small like a gofind for motorcycle adventures

Don't you like digging all the ringpulls and bottle tops with the NOX that some bloke with a CTX has left throughout the Central West........... 8.(

sounds like you have been around some of my haunts :cool: :lol:

but sadly i still manage to have the odd bottle cap trick me :8 :awful:

From a Minelab dealer in the USA

The VANQUISH 340 is a great starter coin and treasure detector that includes a 10 coil. The VANQUISH 440 offers all the detecting essentials, including a set of wired headphones and 10 coil. The Bluetooth enabled VANQUISH 540 and 540 Pro Pack offer the most versatility with the added red LED backlight functionality, 10-volume control settings, headphone accessories and advanced settings. The VANQUISH 540 includes one waterproof 12 coil, wired headphones, while the VANQUISH 540 Pro Pack includes two waterproof coils, the 8 and 12 and wireless headphones.

From a Minelab dealer in the USA

The VANQUISH 340 is a great starter coin and treasure detector that includes a 10 coil.

The VANQUISH 440 offers all the detecting essentials, including a set of wired headphones and 10 coil.

The Bluetooth enabled VANQUISH 540 and 540 Pro Pack offer the most versatility with the added red LED backlight functionality, 10-volume control settings, headphone accessories and advanced settings.

The VANQUISH 540 includes one waterproof 12 coil, wired headphones, while the VANQUISH 540 Pro Pack includes two waterproof coils, the 8 and 12 and wireless headphones.

Latest posts