Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys,

I was fortunate enough to be a field tester for this product. It works.

1424572381_pic_2.jpg

1424572397_pic_3.jpg

1424572421_pic_4.jpg

full report is in progress, so stay tuned.

Awesome Nenad.

Just a couple of things.

Are the target tones similiar to the 5000 and are they distinctive and is it as easy as the 2300.

With the clip that holds the shaft in place are these like the 2300 or have these
been improved? I am only asking because I have seen one that had failed
after a bit of use. If these can be changed by the end user thats an easy thing to change.

Thanks

The 7k has the sweat audio sound that was present with the GP series. No annoying boot up noise like the GPX models. :mad:

Thats my opinion.... and im sticking to it. :lol:

Wolfau said:
Awesome Nenad.

Just a couple of things.

Are the target tones similiar to the 5000 and are they distinctive and is it as easy as the 2300.

With the clip that holds the shaft in place are these like the 2300 or have these
been improved? I am only asking because I have seen one that had failed
after a bit of use. If these can be changed by the end user thats an easy thing to change.

Thanks

Targets at medium depth sound pretty much like a 5000, but overall the tone is a little more crisp like the 2300.
You can run the machine as smooth or erratic as you want with the 3 smoothing settings. The language is similar to the GPX's but it "speaks" to you a lit more, due to the coil. It makes things a little difficult to interpret in the beginning so my advice is to dig everything. Once you learn it, the extra information it gives you is awesome.

The clips are more like the CTX, they work very well.

A mate sent me text that he saw one this morning while out swinging, said the operator looked to be having a bit of trouble keeping it stable and he could hear it sounding on each swing. They supposedly took off before he had a chat but promptly found 2 nuggets right where they were detecting with his SDC, between their scrape marks.

Anyway they may not have had it set up properly.

Big Nugget said:

You'd think they would being the manufacturers.

The GPZ may be more like a 5k than a Super SDC, maybe a little of both. It will be easy for someone who knows how to use a 5k but not as easy as using an SDC.

I'm not bagging it as I believe it's probably an awesome detector but it's still going to require a bit of skill to set it up properly to get the best results from it.

I'm sure we'll start hearing great reports coming in soon.

Heatho said:
Big Nugget said:

You'd think they would being the manufacturers.

The GPZ may be more like a 5k than a Super SDC, maybe a little of both. It will be easy for someone who knows how to use a 5k but not as easy as using an SDC.

I'm not bagging it as I believe it's probably an awesome detector but it's still going to require a bit of skill to set it up properly to get the best results from it.

I'm sure we'll start hearing great reports coming in soon.

im sure your right Heatho, i'll have my L plates for a while then i'll be a P plate hoon :eek: ;)

Miners Den are now offering finance with a limited interest free period!!!!!!!

Looks like the high price of the GPZ7000 may be causing worries of slowing sales or maybe now with detector prices above $10k they are exploring new ways of getting customers to buy.

Its going to be interesting watching the sales of these new detectors after the initial new sales rush is over.

Ian

Heatho said:
A mate sent me text that he saw one this morning while out swinging, said the operator looked to be having a bit of trouble keeping it stable and he could hear it sounding on each swing. They supposedly took off before he had a chat but promptly found 2 nuggets right where they were detecting with his SDC, between their scrape marks.

Anyway they may not have had it set up properly.
Seen a report from a Central West detectorist that said the GPZ ran very smoothly. No EMI at all & his GPX4500 suffered with it all day. Sounds like the one in the text we got may not have been set up right? Would have been good if Shauno could have got a closer look before they left.
No gold though with the smooth running one yet either but it was more of a day to work everything out. Will be waiting for next week's installment :)

IanSDC said:
Miners Den are now offering finance with a limited interest free period!!!!!!!

Looks like the high price of the GPZ7000 may be causing worries of slowing sales or maybe now with detector prices above $10k they are exploring new ways of getting customers to buy.

Its going to be interesting watching the sales of these new detectors after the initial new sales rush is over.

Ian
Yeah they'll probably slow up a fair bit.
I think the high price may be one reason the GPX will remain in the lineup? From what I'm told the interest free offer is all about not taking GPX trade ins. They don't want a heap of used 5000's while it's still being offered new apparently? The interest free will allow time to sell your GPX/SDC/kidneys etc. privately & pay off the GPZ. Not a path I would go down as interest free deals aren't very nice if you don't pay in the allowed time frame. To be frank you can get screwed big time.
To be honest I'd rather see a low interest offer (say 2%) over a sensible & doable time of 2, 3, 5 , 7 years.

lucky streak said:
Pmav members should get a field test on the new gpz 7000 from miners den. Then if we think it worth it put a deposit down on those that can afford it.

There's too many already kicking tyres in the prospecting world! giving free goes of a new detector from any company would just ruin it for the people that have or can afford it....

To be honest if I just picked up my new machine & they offered free goes to Fred and Charlie I'd be Pi$$@& right off.

Heatho said:
I downloaded the manual and there is no metion of other coils in the accessories section, though I read elsewhere there would be 11 inch and 20 inch coils available.

I Posted the Coils sizes here Last week But Someone Said that It was Just Here Say, When In Fact I Down Loaded the Manual From The Patent Office and they are In the Back Of the Manual,

MineLab Would Not Patent Something If It was Not True,

Are You going to Buy One Heatho or are you sticking with the 5000??

Because they have a patent for a design, does not mean that the design is in production and available for purchase. Yes they will be at some time in the future and I guess with a hefty $$ tag. Likely a smaller one for nooks & cranny working and a larger one for covering a large area more quickly.

Rob.

Latest posts