Minelab GP3500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Plenty of guys here to help mate with the 3500. Old Hand (John) and Phasetech (Nenad) have some nice tips scattered among the forum on the 3500.

For what its worth the 15 x 12 DD Commander was a winner, but theres been plenty of older and newer ones that would pair up a treat.

Good luck with the machine, and all the best with your adventures once you can get out :Y:

old hand said:
i got a 2gram at 9 inches last week with a 3500 when you can get up this way give me a yell regards john

Hoping October may be the magic time as I have time off booked. Unsure about coming out of lockdown & Govt allowing country travel before that

1596973832_116425000_1620797781413766_5342651575978235596_n.jpg
:lol:
1596972611_images.jpg

Only a suggestion fwdoz and the wife agrees, while in lock down you could try this to build your technique and muscles needed for detecting in the mean time.LOL.Cheers. :Y: :D

Apart from losing some weight from the SLA battery, is there any gain by using a regulated Lithium setup. The manual states that no external battery regulation is required and may damage the 3500. I use a 12ah battery and the weight is no problem in the backpack plus Im not really interested in having any battery attached to the control box.
Thoughts on this ?
Thanks
Tony

No gain even with extra voltage though i wouldn't go over 6 volts. Extra voltage could damage the unit for no gain.

I had a extreme that i was running 12v lipo 8.4 system regulated back to 6.6 volts i could detect all day with it , i feel it was a very good system the detector had full voltage it needed all-day.I would do the same again if i was using any GP SERIES detector plus the batteries are easy on the back regards john :Y:

Thanks for the replies......I think I will keep on with the current setup....sounds like the 3500 gets enough juice from the 12ah battery which get swapped over at the lunch time break.

Hi, looking to buy a small coil for a gp3500, I like the size of the NF Sadie coil, would there be a better option for that detector?

Cheers, Tim

Small monos on the 3500 are going to give you a little trouble unless in low mineralization.

I'd recommend a small DD which you can use in Mono mode if the ground allows. 10x5" Commander DD or the Detech 8" DD are both very good.

Hi Phasetech, thanks for the reply, would either of those coils mentioned be better than the other on small gold?

tim.b said:
ok thanks, are the dd coils anymore sensitive running them in mono?

Yes, to small targets, but also to ground minerals, but still handles better than a straight mono coil.

Latest posts